Page 12 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2567891011121314151617181922 ... LastLast

Thread: Poor midfield recruitment model

Klopp thinks its working better than 2 years ago

Sir what is going on.. things is not going according to plan. u promiss early signing. noting happen. Man u 3 player now

Pah… He thinks we have improved on where we were 2 years ago and that we are taking the next step..

But what does he know?

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Pah… He thinks we have improved on where we were 2 years ago and that we are taking the next step..

But what does he know?
    I really struggle with the criticism of Klopp and the team. It is a very small minority of people but it baffles me. Klopp work with the players everyday. They may not get everything right, who does? But we are challenging for everything. Without the Petrodollar Mancs we would be sweeping the board and would have been for the last 3 or 4 seasons.

Sit back and enjoy it rather than spend hours picking apart every tactical decision. I recognize that's fun for some people but using it to suggest that somehow Klopp and his entire coaching team have missed some tactical insight is a bit too much for me.
    "...and my inch is like a freight train, so I only use it in self defence"

The man is an absolute giant of the game. To be within 1 point of City over 4 years! 4 consecutive years! When you look at the crazy money they have spent, with Guardiola to boot.

Regardless of what happens from here on in, that alone puts Klopp in another bracket.

We've improved in strength in depth, except for in midfield, which is what this thread is about, we have greater quality and competition for places in pretty much every position except midfield, I don't see that we've improved in our best possible 11 for any given game at all

Our pressing and counter pressing isn't anywhere like our best levels of 19-20, not even close

Our ability to mix it up and be equally as threatening and have width on either flank isn't even close

Our releasing players in behind isn't as good (part of this and the one directly above is actually due to Mane losing a little pace and power through Covid to be fair)

Our ability to create through releasing players wide in lots and time and space isn't anywhere near as good

Our distribution from midfield, what the thread is about, isn't as good and the balance of the midfield in terms of ability with the ball, ability to drive the ball forward through the lines from deeper (Gini) and pressing and counter pressing isn't as good

The pressing and counter pressing drop off is pretty significant and I find it annoying, because it's completely needless, even trying to be more tappy crappy and unnecessarily overplay far too much of the time

Players constantly and consistently being in brilliant pressing and counter pressing positions when we have the ball and moving into space ahead of that player when the attack opens the opportunity up to as we did through 18-20, so we absolutely smother teams and dominate teams and are always defending expertly while attacking through that positioning and have greater intensity and control as a result, that isn't a feature of our play that needed to change to be more tappy crappy, it's all got untidy and messy

As ever, there is always a lot of room for improvement
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    The man is an absolute giant of the game. To be within 1 point of City over 4 years! 4 consecutive years! When you look at the crazy money they have spent, with Guardiola to boot.

Regardless of what happens from here on in, that alone puts Klopp in another bracket.
    Correct best in the world.end of.

I had a quick listen to the clowns on Sky “You need to win more trophies if you wanna be a great team” now normally that is correct but we could get 97 and 94 points and NOT win the league this is what we are dealing with.

Facts are we have had a 97 and 99 point season back to back I’d say that makes us a great side how many titles would Arsenal and Utd have won with their points totals I know it was different era as such but even the mid table teams have good players now like really good players who can hurt you.

Quote Originally Posted by vin View Post
    I really struggle with the criticism of Klopp and the team. It is a very small minority of people but it baffles me. Klopp work with the players everyday. They may not get everything right, who does? But we are challenging for everything. Without the Petrodollar Mancs we would be sweeping the board and would have been for the last 3 or 4 seasons.

Sit back and enjoy it rather than spend hours picking apart every tactical decision. I recognize that's fun for some people but using it to suggest that somehow Klopp and his entire coaching team have missed some tactical insight is a bit too much for me.
    With arguably an increasingly valuable squad, our results v pep have been poor over recent seasons.

Whilst the greasy mancs are undoubtedly cheats, we can only focus on ourselves.

The biggest challenge to uefa/fifa/ffp/cas was the suggestion of an ESL. Which was wholeheartedly rejected. As such there is no agency to act against these institutions.

Qatar WC doesn't seem to have provoked the same intensity of feelings, traditions being broken and financial greed only resonated with a new CL format.
    One better in many ways than the uefa proposed new CL.

As such the right strategy is to look for ways to close the gap.

One way is beating city.
    Another is looking at their 6 points v chelsea in the league and our 2 points.

Beat Chelsea once and lose v Chelsea once, and we are now top of the league on goal difference.

The league would be in our hands.

If only he implemented mirror training, we'd have the quadruple no problem .

On pitch has been phenomenal. Off the pitch he's taken it to another level.

Our fans love him
    Opposition fans love him.
    (touch wood) the media are still positive about him

What a fucking geezer
    "...and my inch is like a freight train, so I only use it in self defence"

On pitch has been phenomenal. Off the pitch he's taken it to another level.

Our fans love him
    Opposition fans love him.
    (touch wood) the media are still positive about him

What a fucking geezer
    Hes in the pantheon of LFC, could possibly be the number one by the time he's done. His impact on LFC can not be understated and it won't be.