Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: New Year Fixtures

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    97th minute winner for Spurs. We used to do that…
    Wasn't a winner and wasn't QUITE as late, but Minamino gave us a lovely moment recently and as a result of the consequent penalties we have a two-legged semi-final to look forward to.

Nuggets of Gold even amongst the dirt.

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Get ready for a scrap for top four lads, hasn't taken long for FSG to make this happen
    Think we're a few more losses off that yet and others winning, bit of a gap still.

Afcon and covid isn't going to make this month very pretty mind you

think the best case is if the lads that are meant to be going afcon have got it.
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    Why which 3 teams are going to finish above us this season ?

Yeah its possible but what if other teams have Covid outbreaks they have the same problem that Chelsea/Us are having.
    We're in decline, even with all players fit the lack of investment and poor signings have caught up with us, we are NOTHING approaching being anywhere near as good as we were in 2018-2020 while other teams are improving

I even think Jurgen's lost his way a little through the enforced changes last season, I don't think he's got our team back to playing as it did at its very best, I think he has realised, a little late in the day for me that Fabinho can't play No6 in a 3 in a high press and that's altered things a little too, as he's been playing with another mid sitting alongside him in a lopsided 433 which is more like a 4-2 something, except for the 2 sitting pretty much occupy the LCM controller role and no6 position

I don't think Thiago was the right type of midfielder for how we play or the Premier League, letting Gini go and not replacing him was an even bigger fuck up than letting Lovren go and not replacing him and Mane looks as though he won't ever be the 18-20 Mane ever again, legs have gone or the desire have gone, one of the two

Edit: My opinion, which I have been of ever since that 15 game 15 wins run in Fab's absence in 19-20 that really brought the title home, is that is what we should be looking at and studying, together with further evolution of our full backs plays and interactions with our forwards and our recruitment should be based around that structure also, it's working out really very well for Guardiola
    Last edited by Nineteenx; 1st January 2022 at 06:55 PM.
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

We're in decline, even with all players fit the lack of investment and poor signings have caught up with us, we are NOTHING approaching being anywhere near as good as we were in 2018-2020 while other teams are improving

I even think Jurgen's lost his way a little through the enforced changes last season, I don't think he's got our team back to playing as it did at its very best, I think he has realised, a little late in the day for me that Fabinho can't play No6 in a 3 in a high press and that's altered things a little too, as he's been playing with another mid sitting alongside him in a lopsided 433 which is more like a 4-2 something, except for the 2 sitting pretty much occupy the LCM controller role and no6 position

I don't think Thiago was the right type of midfielder for how we play or the Premier League, letting Gini go and not replacing him was an even bigger fuck up than letting Lovren go and not replacing him and Mane looks as though he won't ever be the 18-20 Mane ever again, legs have gone or the desire have gone, one of the two

Edit: My opinion, which I have been of ever since that 15 game 15 wins run in Fab's absence in 19-20 that really brought the title home, is that is what we should be looking at and studying, together with further evolution of our full backs plays and interactions with our forwards and our recruitment should be based around that structure also, it's working out really very well for Guardiola
    It's pretty hard to argue with all of your points about us being in decline and the reasons why. They have rinsed this squad of everything, absolutely everything and havent topped it up.
    Buy a high performance car and maintain it with mid standard fluids,filters and parts etc and the performance will drop.
    Your point about Mane is bang on. Nailed on to go in the summer I think, we need an upgrade. Watkins would be my choice but most likely be Sarr when Watford go down.

Hopefully he can be dropped soon if Jota plays well on the left and firmino up top.
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

Yeah we are in decline but as ive told you before 97/99 isnt a normal total.

We are on par for 82 points if you go by first half of the season that gets in top 4 with ease.

You should apply for the job when Jurgen leaves I mean you've told us where he is going wrong and how wonderful Pep Guardiola is.

We could do with lowering age profile im sure we will in summer.

Biggest difference is we will have to sell Mane for say £30-40m whilst a club like City could let him decline and slide into a 5/6th choice attacker.

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    Biggest difference is we will have to sell Mane for say £30-40m whilst a club like City could let him decline and slide into a 5/6th choice attacker.
    The audacity of Pep complaining that he can't play Walker so has to play £60m Cancelo option - we paid about £20m for our four centre-backs by comparison

Ake isn't high on the pecking order - £40m cost.

They're laughable.

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    TAA aint improved his defensive play.. hes been costing way to many points.. thankfully going forward he makes up that in a huge way.
    He absolutely has, yes he can still get done on occasion like every defender, but he's made several last ditch interventions that have prevented goals already this season
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    The audacity of Pep complaining that he can't play Walker so has to play £60m Cancelo option - we paid about £20m for our four centre-backs by comparison

Ake isn't high on the pecking order - £40m cost.

They're laughable.
    But who plays lb when Cancelo plays rb.
    Played plenty of games this season actually.

Did look I get the point about city having huge depth and spending big but how many of their players would you have scouted as desirable players for us prior to city signing them?

Quote Originally Posted by eggy81 View Post
    But who plays lb when Cancelo plays rb.
    Played plenty of games this season actually.

Did look I get the point about city having huge depth and spending big but how many of their players would you have scouted as desirable players for us prior to city signing them?
    Well they have a naughty £50m LB who they wont ever play again.