Page 37 of 37 FirstFirst ... 273031323334353637

Thread: Match Thread : Chelsea v Liverpool

Did anyone notice we didn’t have our manager at the game on Sunday? He was taken out thanks to the vagaries of the absurd test and trace scheme that disrupts a fully vaccinated squad due to a disease that seems to be causing an unusually low level of harm.

Banning the manager is usually given out as a punishment for bad behaviour. We’ve also had a number of senior players taken out during this crucial period.

Add to that two definite early red cards omitted in my opinion - against Tottenham and Chelsea - and we can said to have had some bad luck. The performances are still good for the most part

Agree but Mané is a straight red. The lad has got away with that type of stupidity too often for my liking.

Got away with it cause the game was so young.

Spurs game we were stuffed by the league and officials BUT were incredibly fortunate not to lose the game.

The less said about getting beat by Leicester the better .

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Agree but Mané is a straight red. The lad has got away with that type of stupidity too often for my liking.

Got away with it cause the game was so young.

Spurs game we were stuffed by the league and officials BUT were incredibly fortunate not to lose the game.

The less said about getting beat by Leicester the better .
    I actually don’t think Mane was a red. I’ve always found that rule difficult to understand - it’s very hard to leap sideways without leading with your arm. And it was his arm not his elbow that made contact so that looks yellow to me.

It is however very easy to stand up and untangle yourself without lashing out with a kick, however restrained, which makes contact. That’s deliberate

Still - the covid disruption is insane and right at the heart of these last few games