Page 28 of 37 FirstFirst ... 18212223242526272829303132333435 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Thread : Chelsea v Liverpool

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    How do we know Fab has properly recovered from Covid ???

Im not so keen to put the boot in on our players it is clear he wasnt fit against Leicester.

We defo need a robust/quick CM and Bissouma and Zakaria tick the boxes both 25, quick and over 6ft which is handy in the EPL
    A decent medical team wouldn’t put a player out if he hadn’t fullly recovered.

If covid hasn’t hit you hard, and your symptoms are merely fever and headaches, you’re actually not going to suffer much after effects.

We’re just making excuses. Fab had a shit game and it wasn’t entirely his fault. Covering for an ageing Milner and out of form Henderson will take its toll out on you more than covid will

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Full time 1-1 I'll take that, but it is ANOTHER fucking 2 points dropped because we let one of our 2 best midfielders with the best availability record any manager could hope for, our manager is a huge advocate of continuity too and we've had none whatsoever with him gone and made absolutely no attempt whatsoever

Then despite a monumental fuck up by FSG on letting a senior player go and not bothering to replace them and our already having dropped at least 10 points through missing Gini, no signing of Tchouameni or another top midfielder as soon as this window opened

I know, we're waiting to snap up some absolute brilliant unknown quantity from the Championship on the cheap on deadline day
    Chelsea dominated possession nearly 60% and made 6 more tackles than us today.

We played our 433 again and blew a 2 goal lead.

We've been better in 4231/42X, and particularly against Chelsea we've struggled playing our 433.

So rather than look at these bigger excuses which weren't cited when we win, look at what's happening in games.

I didn't see all of today's games but the patterns are apparent.

Milner played really well and did a much better job at getting a foot in than Fab who missed every tackle he attempted, BUT, at 2-0 the game plan was working, we had a reasonable degree of control and the confidence and belief was draining out of Chelsea with every passing minute, a Milner of all our players, with his experience commits the most fucking ridiculous, needless and mindnumbingly fucking stupid challenge to let them back into the game

Midfield's been an issue all season because we let Gini go, continuity is very very important in midfield in a side that presses and counter presses as we do, last season with the deeper line in the last 10 games Thiago sitting with Fabinho worked quite well with whoever played with them, the prior season the Gini and Hendo combo in Fab's absence was THE BEST we have ever played Jurgen's pressing and counter pressing game and the best we have ever played for me and again it didn't matter which player we played with them

Just get me Tchouameni on the phone and get him signed, sealed and delivered by our next League game, we urgently NEED another top top player who can play at No8 and No6 as Gini could
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

You lot don't half do some moaning 🤣🤣
    Shit we threw a 2-0 lead, but a point's a point .

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    I never WANT us to drop points. I am able to recognise that it happens.

I see little point in trying to explain it further to you honestly. Just yesterday you're implying I was pleased about Man City scoring goals!
    what happens if we are 3 down over the first tie against Arsenal away.. will it be well lets see what happens next.. when you will learn and start to understand things are that cosy and sweet. we have problems.. no amount of covering for the owners will fix that. time you accepted the midfielders you listed .. are not good enough. and hoping the likes of Morton will be good enough is hope im not willing to take just yet. need real proven quality.. we dont have TIME. to sit around and wait and see.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Poor from milner to give away what turned out to be a crucial free kick. Having said that we're unlucky to let in at 2,0 a wonder strike. Just like Brighton those 2 lads could try both again and they would still be trying in a weeks time.
    Did Kane keep Mane on the pitch?Possibly these things do balance out.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    We are - and it's really poor from us that we can't control games to see them out. I find it more annoying when we surrender from a 2-goal cushion (Brighton, Chelsea) than a 1-goal cushion, is all I was trying to say.
    I got you did, the issue I have is the manner in which we surrender the leads. We lose control of the game and we can all see it coming when we concede a goal.

Our game management goes out the window and we end up putting ourselves under pressure. Some players are guilty of being extremely arrogant on the pitch with the lessor teams, attempting flicks or back heels, in our own area where a simple pass should suffice.

Teams that compete regularly, will maintain a strong -11 and a decent bench that can be depended on.

Milner, Ox, to name a few need to be sold or released. We did the same with shaquri who I actually preferred to ox. Guess being English has its advantages where you end up being kept to fill up the coefficient

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    butttttttttttt they are both draws?? so your accepting dropping points has long as they aint more than 1 goal FINE
    Its a weird outlook, both us and chelsea would have been better off winning and losing a game against each other.
    Losing a 2 goal lead is infuriating.

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    How do we know Fab has properly recovered from Covid ???

Im not so keen to put the boot in on our players it is clear he wasnt fit against Leicester.

We defo need a robust/quick CM and Bissouma and Zakaria tick the boxes both 25, quick and over 6ft which is handy in the EPL
    Or Tchouameni an absolute beast and 6'2 or 6'3
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

[QUOTE=Nineteenx;2734145]Milner played really well
    That was enough for me 🤣🤣