Page 31 of 37 FirstFirst ... 212425262728293031323334353637 LastLast

Thread: Match Thread : Chelsea v Liverpool

We’re fortunate in that our three African players will only miss Brentford at home and Palace away in the Prem, with the latter missing Kouyate, Ayew and Zaha.

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    At times im not sure if I have logged onto the Burnley site.

The amount of teams who are going to roll us over is incredible we've only lost 2 games lol
    Indeed - the 6 draws are a bigger problem than the 2 losses - with two of them (for me) being "worse" on account of surrendering a 2-goal lead.

The Brighton one annoys me more than the Chelsea one. Two draws in the League against Chelsea isn't the worst in a "normal" season but Man City's consistency just makes any dropped points a 'mare. To not be able to match their level is no disgrace, but is massively frustrating because we did manage to do it for a couple of seasons.

Hopefully Jurgen will have watched on TV and will have seen like all us how poor our Midfield was. It really is a worry.

Ball retention was piss poor all day, virgil reluctance to sprint was a weird decision for 2nd goal. Thought hendo was poor, on a side note we are far too fucking nice,snide cunty behaviour is part of being champions. Thought ox was lively and I'd start him against Arsenal.
    Kostas hitting the first man with a corner in the final minutes is criminal. We are all playing second fidlle now, but rhythm is still important.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Indeed - the 6 draws are a bigger problem than the 2 losses - with two of them (for me) being "worse" on account of surrendering a 2-goal lead.

The Brighton one annoys me more than the Chelsea one. Two draws in the League against Chelsea isn't the worst in a "normal" season but Man City's consistency just makes any dropped points a 'mare. To not be able to match their level is no disgrace, but is massively frustrating because we did manage to do it for a couple of seasons.
    We've fucked our system up Sid, letting Gini and and changing to move away from what for me had be a revolution of the side and how it functioned in 19-20 in Fab's absence

City are playing the fluid 3 we had in midfield during that period, for me unless we get back to that evolution Jurgen seemed to not recognise, we're not going to catch them this season or in any other, it's far better than a 433 with your 3 midfielders fixed in set positions

It provides better movement and helps players to develop all of the aspects of their game for playing the system increasingly better, whether attacking, defending, pressing, counter pressing or controlling and it improves communication and understanding between all the midfielders all the forwards, all the full backs and all the defenders, it is an evolutionary system in itself

Its far FAR more difficult for teams to set up to counter of you and off specific players and target them, making it hard for their manager and staff to even prepare a plan to do that or if they do, their plan going out of the window because players they planned to set up to play off or counter off aren't a constant in that position for them to work at it

It makes everyone better and more in tune in the press and counter press and makes for less running for all the players

It's just the best possible 433 system and will become more and more fluid played over time by the same group of players and make the 433 starting formation and the players easily lend itself and themselves to numerous other formations as part of tactical tweaks

I've been banging on about trying to land Tchouameni this window as we desperately need a top midfielder who can play No6 and o8 to replace the quality we let go and getting Bellingham in the summer because these are for me the type of midfielders we need to play this system to it's highest levels and continue to push the bar higher and higher. both these players have the physical attributes to bully sides when necessary and the technical, awareness and mental attributes to become absolutely world beating players in such a system
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Anyway, Away at Spurs, Chelsea, Everton and Utd, 2 wins and 2 draws, not too shabby.

Forget City, there’s never been a team (other than a couple of seasons of us) to accumulate points like they do.

I know we were 2-0 up but the way we were defending, there’s no way we were ever holding on to that away at Stamford Bridge.
    Would have taken a point before the game, overall fair result
    Some of our forward play is absolutely breathtaking at times, just as it is bloody awful at others.
    Good points. City have 22 quality players, no other squad can compete. Their investment levels in the squad v FSG's means it's going to have to be an exceptional season for LFC to win the league. COVID and FSG's limited investment means top 4... and that's where we'll be. Cups are only chance but I can't see the point of getting upset - we're in a gun fight, carrying a Red Sox baseball bat.

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    Hopefully Jurgen will have watched on TV and will have seen like all us how poor our Midfield was. It really is a worry.
    FSG need to fucking sign a top midfielder who can play at No6 and No8 THIS window, continuity is really fucking important in a pressing and counter pressing system, Fab only really plays well with Thiago alongside him, they get on, but he's still too limited for me, not nearly good enough with the ball to play No6, seen too many teams set up to defend, pick up all our other players and let him have the ball knowing he won't hurt them or unlock them with it, doesn't read it the best or lend himself to a fluid 3 which is absolutely the future

Thiago doesn't suit our game at all, what he's best at isn't something we can reap the benefits of

For me the midfield needs a major overhaul

Milner final season this season on his last legs
    I'd move Fabinho, Thiago, Minamino and Keita on and move Hendo into the Milner utility role if we can get Tchouameni and Bellingham in

It's just a mess right now, for me to continue trying to compete with City we need to match them on system first and foremost so we need our midfield 3 to all lend themselves to a fluid midfield 3, otherwise we won't get close and it'll all be over when Jurgen goes with FSG's penny pinching and point blank refusal to build a squad and first team for the here and now and the future to challenge on all fronts
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by jozza800 View Post
    Thought we played fairly well. Kovacic goal is unstoppable and and daft 3 minutes before half time we're the difference.

We got into some really good positions but the final pass naver came.

Fabinho had a shocker though, he's always looked a bit dumb and dopey on the ball but he was miles off the pace.

We've had a tough run of away games (Spurs, Leicester and Chelsea) but it's not going to make a blind but if difference if City keep winning.

I'll be surprised if there are no reinforcements this month.
    Having had COVID twice, and still suffering long COVID ... I'd give any player who's had it a break.

you should probably wear a mask and wash your hands.

but on a serious note doubt he'd of started if he was feeling the effects still, the medical team don't get paid for nothing.
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    Hope City win it by 20 points now.
    Well, I hate to say I said so........
    But I did say we'll finish 25-20 points adrift by the end.
    That shower of shit nomark, nothing club have pretty much turned the Prem into the Bundesliga.