Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Who do you hate more. UNITED OR CITEH

Quote Originally Posted by faridtoxteth View Post
    Yes but if they were really nothing we would have had three more league titles in the last five years.
    And united would be on 22.

Quote Originally Posted by eggy81 View Post
    And united would be on 22.
    Id take that if it meant we had 2 more.

22-21

20-19

No difference other MORE glory for us.

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    Id take that if it meant we had 2 more.

22-21

20-19

No difference other MORE glory for us.
    Indeed. Interesting that us and the mancs are the only ones so far to finish second to them. Who finished second in Chelsea’s titles in that time.

Quote Originally Posted by eggy81 View Post
    Indeed. Interesting that us and the mancs are the only ones so far to finish second to them. Who finished second in Chelsea’s titles in that time.
    I think City came second to them once.

Maybe Arsenal/Spurs have in one season too ?

Historically I never minded city, had a decent Irish contingent, played decent football and had decent fans, I know success brings envy,maybe it's just pep, silva, fernandino and a few others who I dispise, they are the poster child for modern football.

Everton, mancu, manc, chelsea, spurs.

Soft spot for arsenal relatively

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    Soft spot for arsenal relatively
    Generally steered clear of controversy for a long time, which was impressive, given what some players are like.

The most taboo thing for ages with them was that Wilshere liked a cigarette

The fawning over City lately is getting a bit much. Covid hit them badly this past week,apparently. But that line up last night was unreal going away to a 2nd division club . All their success lately has been without a striker if you are to believe the media but they have the current Brazil Centre forward in the squad plus have just spent £100 million on another attacking midfielder.

It hit them in a week that wasnt for league fixtures OK. anyway i have to say fking hate the little smirk on Peps face.
    Hes had more money than any football coach in the entire history of football.. and by quite a bit..and hes also managed the top teams in 3 leagues..
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

I hate United most, not because of the Liverpool - United rivalry, I didn't grow up with that, purely and honestly because of the Ferguson "When United do well, we all do well" mantra that the Premier League, FA and refs association still won't give up on, that is still entirely evident in all match coverage and officiating as the "Anyone but Liverpool" part of that Murdoch package is and that continues to blight and leave an awful stain on our national game even now

If you take the absolute state of the dangerous and non sensical status quo and how even when brutally exposed as false, the people in it, having been in it for 30 years, seem uncapable of accepting it was a lie and moving forward from it, that English football is absolutely rife with, it actually makes for an exceptional comparison to how Murdoch created the status quo in wider society and the same issues we have there

It is far more difficult to persuade people they have been fooled than it is a fool people
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”