Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Who do you hate more. UNITED OR CITEH

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    We should start saying City. Just to wi d up the Utd fans even more . It's our rivalry that's keeping them relevant at the minute.
    I do think Sky will keep them "relevant" semi-indefinitely to be fair - combination of the pundits and also the need to feed the viewers, with Man United having soooo many people that became Fairweather fans in the 90s still desperately clinging on.

Here in Northern Ireland I think I have seen less than 5 people (total) wearing a Man City shirt, which I find interesting as I see plenty of Chelsea shirts about.

Liverpool and Man United shirts still the most numerous, reasonable amount of Real Madrid, Barcelona and Borussia Dortmund shirts too - some Celtic/Rangers stuff of course, though I was seeing a lot less Rangers shirts around when they weren't competing with Celtic.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    I do think Sky will keep them "relevant" semi-indefinitely to be fair - combination of the pundits and also the need to feed the viewers, with Man United having soooo many people that became Fairweather fans in the 90s still desperately clinging on.

Here in Northern Ireland I think I have seen less than 5 people (total) wearing a Man City shirt, which I find interesting as I see plenty of Chelsea shirts about.

Liverpool and Man United shirts still the most numerous, reasonable amount of Real Madrid, Barcelona and Borussia Dortmund shirts too - some Celtic/Rangers stuff of course, though I was seeing a lot less Rangers shirts around when they weren't competing with Celtic.
    There's a lot more younger kids supporting City these days obviously glory hunters !!
    The last game I was at ,late November we flew into Manchester and City were playing that day as well. There was more Leeds fans on the flight than City.

I've always despised arsenal. Right back to Charlie George days. Follow that with Brian Talbot and in more recent times Michael Thomas. That's how old I am. I've always had an admiration for Utd. City... Let's be honest I've never known a fan so I'm a bit neutral. Up here in Glasgow liverpool and utd fill up the pubs like no other outside of the old firm

What about Real Madrid?
    Aren't they state sponsored, or is that just a rumour?

Quote Originally Posted by redebreck View Post
    What about Real Madrid?
    Aren't they state sponsored, or is that just a rumour?
    They're owned by a body and fan ownership combo, it's a weird set-up.

They have a legal challenge in the background as they were on the receiving ends of beneficial tax-related stuff for about 25 years. There was a ruling about it at one stage in Brussels. They're not alone in this and are meant to have to pay it back, but "well Ted, I'm rather cynical as you know" brain says they'll come to an arrangement of sorts.

They also have received State money in the past, which they weren't meant to do.

I am bucking the trend and say City.
    United i see as pantomime villains up to a point. i always enjoy when they have a humiliating defeat, get knocked out of the CL. Always look for their result after Liverpool's. But I have to say there are things about the club i respect, traditionally they try to play entertaining attacking footall. they have a genuine history in world football. They won the European Cup before us. There has always been a kind of historical mutual 'friendly rivalry, I mean at club level, not among fans. Matt Busby was captain of Liverpool, after the munich aircrash Liverpool offered to help them with players. Both clubs steeped in history, and in a way also both united by tragedy. I think Man U supporters who actually come from manchester, not glory hunters, have a good understanding of the game.
    City on the other hand.. I can't forget that footage of their team on the plane (or was it a bus?) singing about the serious injury to Sean Cox. Bernardo Silva and even Kompany giving it loads. They are so arrogant.
    Silva also refusing to applaud us when we won the league. stuff like that. Much as i dislike Alex ferguson, you know he would have respected our league win, because he is a properly brought up man.And the whole raheem stink about going to a big club. And I hate what the club aspires to as a whole. bending financial fairplay rules, just trying to buy success.
    I'm from Liverpool, and I don't hate Everton at all.

UTD

I see city as nothing....

where as utd have had a lot of players, ex- and a couple current who I dislike.

Also utd are fucking terrible to watch compared to city, and they've spent enough money themselves, it would of been better making sure kids in africa had more than rice for christmas, like that song ya know.
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

Yes but if they were really nothing we would have had three more league titles in the last five years.

United by a big margin although City and their fans are a set of entitled wankers. Kind of hope Newcastle follow the Arab blueprint and buy the league / take some trophies off them.
    Last edited by LFC-DPG; 3rd January 2022 at 08:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by faridtoxteth View Post
    Yes but if they were really nothing we would have had three more league titles in the last five years.
    I get that, I just can't take them serious still, not sure why.
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.