Page 11 of 32 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171821 ... LastLast

Thread: Ralph's at the wheel

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    It must be hard for younger ones like Rashford who have agents and PR pushing an agenda.
    Yes I agree but he did get an MBE for his efforts didn't he.. so if it did affect his form then that was a bad trade off for united fans, I'd say

We can argue til the cows come hime as to what steps we need to take to benefit children but I'd say creating a society where parents can feed their own children during the school holidays is preferable to one where the government does. That's my issue with his particular charity work. It appears to be noble on the surface but could be seen as regressive from another perspective. I don't expect anyone to agree with me, given the general assumptions most people seem to have these days.

As for Greenwood, you brought up Rashford's background. No doubt it plays a role in his view of the world. But if it leads him to seek out his own advantage by virtue sgnalling it doesn't get him off the hook in my view, especially if the judgement that it benefits children is not a good one. The road to hell is paved with good intentions.

I actually feel sorry for Greenwood and his miserable state of mind. I think his upbringing certainly has something to do with where he finds himself. My own attempt to understand such deprivation leads me to be sceptical of shallow attempts to solve problems, such as Rashford's, and look to deeper causes to the suffering of children in poorer areas. In this case I'm not certain Rashford's PR company will have meaningfully improved the lives of children who may still end up like Mason Greenwood, despite having access to free food in the holidays. And actually, the bottom line is it can easily be argued that parents who don't have to feed their own kids can be encouraged to be less of a parent, which is hardly progress.

see 'Life at the Bottom' by Theodore Dalrymple for the evidence I am drawing upon

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    Then again charities cant be trusted the people running them often get a huge chunk of it.
    Sad but so furling true

4 points ahead of Arsenal. They may yet need that cushion - Arsenal have three games in hand.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

Lovely energy sapping game and pitch ahead of their away leg to Atletico on Weds, who played on Sat, in Spain
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Lovely energy sapping game and pitch ahead of their away leg to Atletico on Weds, who played on Sat, in Spain
    Wonder if we'll witness any actual footie in-between Atletico lads rolling about, shithouse tackles from both sides and Mancs surrounding the ref when Atletico inevitably get under Mancunian skin.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Wonder if we'll witness any actual footie in-between Atletico lads rolling about, shithouse tackles from both sides and Mancs surrounding the ref when Atletico inevitably get under Mancunian skin.
    Should be great fun, particularly bearing in mind we can't stand either of them.
    Can't wait for it to kick off.

I love how the media go over the top because they beat Leeds.right now Leeds are going down. Theres no way they will get any wins playing like this.. You could run a bus through their back line.. No doubt they'll change tactics against us and play the low block.after all they are playing us and don't want us to win.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    I love how the media go over the top because they beat Leeds.right now Leeds are going down. Theres no way they will get any wins playing like this.. You could run a bus through their back line.. No doubt they'll change tactics against us and play the low block.after all they are playing us and don't want us to win.
    Is it a compliment, the way every team we play against, raises their game against us?

Quote Originally Posted by redebreck View Post
    Is it a compliment, the way every team we play against, raises their game against us?
    No i dont think so.I think its an excuse.all teams should give everything.Its weird how many clubs get a good result against us. then fail to win for games on end after that. Brighton/Brenford/Westham and so on.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by redebreck View Post
    More a reminder that the entirety of English football, including all official bodies, commentators and pundits and people at other clubs are STILL stuck in the Murdoch and Ferguson induced culture and mantra of "Anyone but Liverpool" and "Knock Liverpool of their lofty fucking perch"

It's another classic 'status quo' example, they're all still very obviously entrenched in that status quo it has escaped their attention that since the status quo and way of thinking was introduced, Chelsea, the filthy. Arsenal and now City have all sat of the perch and THEY were then the one's they should be playing hardest against trying to knock off it
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”