Page 13 of 32 FirstFirst ... 36789101112131415161718192023 ... LastLast

Thread: Ralph's at the wheel

Quote Originally Posted by TheDOC1979 View Post
    United fans on twitter seem to think they’ve already signed Bellingham. Am I missing something here?
    Bellingham's father is quite influential in his career I believe, I think that is why he went to Dortmund rather than to a big English club his father thought he would sit on the bench at

If his father's influence is as I believe it to be, I think given the turmoil the filthy have been in and are currently in, the filthy is the very LAST club his father would let him move to

Bellingham and Tchouameni are the 2 we need in the summer and we do need both of them
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Only £120 million then

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Bellingham and Tchouameni are the 2 we need in the summer and we do need both of them
    I'd be astounded if we went for both in one Summer given our past history, plus the faith Klopp has in Elliott. Not to mention that Jones, despite his flaws, is probably not going to be a lad that Jürgen gives up on developing.

Plus we may not get a buyer for Ox (who is rather low in the pecking order these days) to off-set some of the expense of wage output, so I can't see us bringing two mids in (irrespective of fees) unless we shift at least one, which isn't guaranteed - just as we couldn't get a buyer for Origi.

I envisage us either going for Bellingham (huge fee) and Carvalho (modest fee) and contenting ourselves, OR getting someone of the profile of Gravenberch (considerably less expensive than Bellingham) still going for Carvalho and maybe picking up cover for right-back. Midfield should definitely be the first priority for investment in my eyes.

Bellingham would most certainly be a (media words incoming) "statement of intent" and comes with the added bonus of meaning he doesn't go to Man City/Chelsea/Man United by default if he arrives.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

We won't pay the money for Bellingham. 80m plus. Very unlikely I'd say.

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Bellingham's father is quite influential in his career I believe, I think that is why he went to Dortmund rather than to a big English club his father thought he would sit on the bench at

If his father's influence is as I believe it to be, I think given the turmoil the filthy have been in and are currently in, the filthy is the very LAST club his father would let him move to

I don't think we've ever signed a player you've scouted mate 🤣🤣
    You give these lads the lfc transfer kiss of death !!

£50m plus Keita should be enough for Bellingham, also helps our home grown quotient.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Jadon Sancho tweeted "Jude Bellingham, what a player!" which is of course is exactly the same as a legally binding contract and related fee and wages.

Trent once folded his arms as a celebration, which is why Mbappe is coming here. The Mancs know this. Such wisdom. Many knowledge. So brains.
    You have no idea how much I love this comment.
    I haven't stopped chuckling since I first read it.

The modern football fan plus Social Media plus one part baseless speculation and three parts delusional and over-inflated sense of self-importance = a PERFECT recipe for endless comedy.

Don't forget that Klopp once also talked to Odegaard after a match and half-hugged him which is why he's nailed-on for the starting line-up for us for the cup final tomorrow.
    'I got told there's an English phrase, 'You don't win trophies with kids'. I didn't know that' ... - Jurgen Klopp
    Stone-Cold Savage!

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    £50m plus Keita should be enough for Bellingham, also helps our home grown quotient.
    That's if BVB would want Keita. I'd love us to sign him but I think Philips is more likely our level.

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    I don't think we've ever signed a player you've scouted mate 🤣🤣
    You give these lads the lfc transfer kiss of death !!
    Behave Ian. Every player we've signed has been scouted by 19. He tells everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Behave Ian. Every player we've signed has been scouted by 19. He tells everyone.
    Everyone in the mirror 🤣🤣