Page 8 of 32 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141518 ... LastLast

Thread: Ralph's at the wheel

This Ralf fella definitely seems to fit the Utd model of recent years.

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    This Ralf fella definitely seems to fit the Utd model of recent years.
    They just need a manager who really believes in the players and one who'll give pogba whatever he wants

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    They just need a manager who really believes in the players and one who'll give pogba whatever he wants
    Lol, they just need players who aren't overpaid premadonnas not prepared but put the same sort of shift in practically every other clubs players do who think they're living in the era when officials could just hand them results and pens for nothing
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Big question (as with every week) I suppose is do any of West Ham/Arsenal/Spurs/Wolves capitalise on the dropped points or do Man United get let off the hook again?
    Sid looks to have nailed it thus far

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    Apparently they need a younger striker in his prime.

Harry kane, 28
    Prem: 21 games, 5 goals, 2 assists
    Europa: 8 games, 8 goals

Ronaldo, 37
    Prem:20 games, 8 goals, 3 assists
    CL: 5 games' 6 goals

Both clubs in similar position and form.

Yeah I hope they buy the english darling for 100m next season. Guy looks everybit Ronaldo's age tbh

They're stuck in entitlement mode and the thought of buying top purchases that will bring them closer to the Title overnight.

They can't seem to fathom a slower, controlled build where they regularly (ie almost every season) attain Champion's League football.

More often than not, you need to consolidate there, then build further. We stabilised under Houllier, then took an extra step under Rafa.

They don't have the patience or the wit to do that.

They're not helped by Scholes/Ferdinand/Neville/Keane constantly saying "we're Man United" or "this is Man United" - it holds them back really.

Which is good fun. To the point where they're quite embarrassing really. Maybe they finally make *the* transformative signing soon - who knows - but you'd think it's more likely they continue this yo-yo-ing in and out of Europe's top competition until another club can do slightly better for a few years - perhaps Arsenal - though no club seems able to quite grab the opportunity yet.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    They're stuck in entitlement mode
    I think the first five words nail it Sid, their players don't want to work, they don't want to run and press and work their bollocks off for their whopping salaries, their club or nay of the managers they've had since Ferguson, the way they keep surrounding the ref when he's not giving them anything and for making the right decisions shows their embarrassing entitlement too, we have plenty of very wrong decisions, and even on the worst of them, our reaction hasn't been as bad as their players whining and crying at every single decision they don't like is, our lads just get on with it trying to get the result they want through hard work despite it

Seriously this should be happening on a weekly basis.

“Manchester United charged by the FA with failing to control their players against Brighton.”

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Seriously this should be happening on a weekly basis.

“Manchester United charged by the FA with failing to control their players against Brighton.”
    Yep, about time, how they have been consistently behaving every single game towards officials has been completely out of order, the last time they were this bad, Chelsea were at it too, but they haven't even got that saving grace that other sides or another side are doing it, it's just them

Regarding the incident, The ref gave a yellow to Dunk. Them lot kicked up a storm so the VAR (that aussie pleb) who has already favoured man city twice.. Advised the onfield ref to review the decision and Dunk was sent off.
    Thing is to me (Peter Bankes the ref) gave a correct decision. It did look like the other Brighton defender would have got across.Because the ball was way out in front of play. due to a miscontrol by the Man-united player.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century