Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Kaide Gordon

Kaide Gordon

Klopp -

"Kaide is really calm in these situations but more often than not he'll score in those situations. He is good and he has a nose for that. That helps.

"I know he is the 2nd youngest scorer for Liverpool. Kaide has time. He came back from covid and only had 2/3 proper sessions."

Lovely to see a cool, placed finish. Sometimes lads get near goal and just want to blast it on-target and assume it goes in.

Ben Woodburn still our youngest ever scorer, but Kaide Gordon got his first younger than Michael Owen did - is that right?

Hopefully can go a long way. It's him, Elliott and Musialowski I'm most excited about. Morton and Koumetio can do well too if nourished properly. Won't all "make it" with us, but all should make it in terms of having decent footballing careers.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

Agree with most of that Sid. Think next season might already be a breakout season for Kaide.
    How old is he actually? Is he local too?
    Not so sure about Big Bill Koumetio, he had a bit of a nightmare last time out. I had high hopes for him.

Kaide is 17 and he is from Derby who we signed him from.

Koumetio needs a loan somewhere imo he looks abit loose to me, take a leaf out if Van Der Berg book he now looks a very good player.

Thrilled for Gordon today. Scoring in front of the Kop in the FA Cup… he can drink out on that for the rest of his life. Hopefully a bright future ahead. Not sure why he regularly found himself out so wide today; not sure if it was instructions or just trying to get more involved.
    I bet you can squeal like a pig!

Prepped to stand in for Mo

Quote Originally Posted by southernboy View Post
    Thrilled for Gordon today. Scoring in front of the Kop in the FA Cup… he can drink out on that for the rest of his life. Hopefully a bright future ahead. Not sure why he regularly found himself out so wide today; not sure if it was instructions or just trying to get more involved.
    In all the games I've seen him play, he plays on the right and comes inside, a bit like Mo in fact.

Delighted he has a League appearance now.

Quote Originally Posted by faridtoxteth View Post
    Not so sure about Big Bill Koumetio, he had a bit of a nightmare last time out. I had high hopes for him.
    Koumetio is 19. Still young, especially given the position he plays, though a well-chosen loan is definitely needed. Even Curtis Jones is still 20, although I think he is 21 come the end of the month.

But even if we use 20 years of age as a Barometer (for talk's sake) we can see that, whilst they can't afford to stagnate, players do have more time than we often think - here's some lads at 20 -

Alisson - Yet to make his senior debut.

Van Dijk - Was at Groningen in the Eredivisie, finishing 14th in the table. The next year, he was offered to Ajax - they declined him as he wasn't deemed good enough.

Robertson - Was playing for Dundee United.

Fabinho - struggled to make it to the Real Madrid side via their academy, sent on loan to Monaco. When he turned 20, he had a total of 9 senior starts for his clubs.

Thiago - Under 15 starts for Barca when he turned 20.

Salah - Just moved to Basel in Switzerland from his club in Egypt.

Mane - Was playing in the French 2nd Tier.

Firmino - Had 12 starts in Bundesliga for Hoffenheim. They finished 11th at the end of the season.

Ederson - Playing in the Portuguese league for Rio Ave.

Cancelo - Had just one top flight appearance for Benfica.

Rodri - had only 3 top appearances for Villareal.

Ruben Dias - hadn't had a top flight debut for Benfica yet.

De Bruyne - Was playing for Genk in Belgium.

Bernardo Silva - made a single appearance for Benfica before being loaned to Monaco (side note, that's the 4th Benfica player that Man City have picked up from this list)

Sterling - Was a Premier League starter for Liverpool. Relatively speaking, an exception to the rule so far.

Mahrez - was playing non-League football in France I think.

Mendy - was playing in the 3rd Division in France.

Thiago Silva - was playing in the Portugese 3rd Division.

Rudiger - had under 20 Bundesliga appearances for Stuttgart.

Kante - was playing in the French 2nd Division.

Jorginho - was playing in the Italian 2nd Division for Hellas Verona.

Lukaku - was a regular in the Belgian League, plus had had a good season for West Brom in the Premier League. So certainly good, but not yet setting the World alight.

Bruno Fernandes - was a regular for Udinese in Serie A - so quite well-developed.

Vardy - was playing for Stocksbridge Park Steels with a wage of £30 a week.

Son Heung-min - Regular for Hamburg in Bundesliga.

The above is a relatively mixed bag, but most weren't making regular appearances for big teams. Not all of our young lads will "make it" for us, but I'm certainly optimistic about Elliott and Jones - they might not make up 2-of-3 of a first-choice midfield for us for a decade or anything, but I think, with application, they can be 2 choices from a selection of 6 or 7. Koumetio needs to develop and we'll see on Gordon, Musialowski etc.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

Very interesting work, Sid

Jones is actually quite advanced and may yet turn out to be a very strong player. I’ve always imagined things were exactly as you laid them out when considering his progress. Youngsters have added pressure when breaking into successful teams

I hope Gordon gets the start v Arsenal if Oxlade does miss the game as expected following today's ankle tweak

We're a side built on clever and astute runs in behind and the absence of any such runs proved a thorn in our own side in the first leg v Arsenal, we need a player making those kind of runs as Gordon showed in his Premier League debut today
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”