Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Kaide Gordon

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Indeed - he is a superb player that Martinelli

Gordon has HUGE potential too.
    Thought Gordon was very poor with the ball last night, 2 bad turnovers, one shot off target and 8 accurate passes for the night.

Did his defensive duties fairly well and that is promising. May have been overawed but he looks like he'd benefit from a loan, though that's unlikely now with afcon. Hope he gets a good loan in the summer like Elliot had.

He always plays wide, coming in on his left foot. Not an unnatural position for him. I think he was a bit nervous first half, a bit reluctant to take defenders on, which usually he does.
    Cut him some slack. He is 17 and will get good training at the academy.

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    Thought Gordon was very poor with the ball last night, 2 bad turnovers, one shot off target and 8 accurate passes for the night.

Did his defensive duties fairly well and that is promising. May have been overawed but he looks like he'd benefit from a loan, though that's unlikely now with afcon. Hope he gets a good loan in the summer like Elliot had.
    I saw some good signs but fair play.

Played a wicked reverse pass that wrongfooted the Arsenal backline to get Hendo in (not that he could cross it with any quality mind - straight into Ramsdales arms.).

We have to remember he is just 17 and filling in where Mo would play. No easy task.

Quote Originally Posted by Taksin View Post
    How old is Martinelli? He was impressive last night.

I thought Gordon did ok - very well for 17 you could say - but didn’t have the freedom to do much damage, whether due to instruction, the skill of Tierney, being overwhelmed or a bit of all of them.

Wish he was 19 right now - he looks promising
    How did Arsenal get around his work permit ?

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    How did Arsenal get around his work permit ?
    I think he has Italian passport as well as Brazilian.

He wouldnt need a work permit as we were EU when he signed, I think that is correct ?!

Played a wicked reverse pass that wrongfooted the Arsenal backline to get Hendo in (not that he could cross it with any quality mind - straight into Ramsdales arms.).

We have to remember he is just 17 and filling in where Mo would play. No easy task.
    There was some signs of promise and ability. Not writing him off. Just my honest assessment of the performance.

Hendo was underwhelming when in advanced positions, still got notions of being ZZ.
    Our lads need a strong ego to deal with top end football/fame, hendo needs a good pegging to bring his back onside

Like the disguised pass that Trent played to Fabinho?

Can’t find a good clip or the best angle but here - 104 secs

They cut the clip before you can see the space he creates but I like the fact he had he awareness and the confidence to try that at 17 years of age. Shows character and a good nose for the job at hand.

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    I think he has Italian passport as well as Brazilian.

He wouldnt need a work permit as we were EU when he signed, I think that is correct ?!
    Thanks mate. I had wondered that as we couldn't sign young Brazilians as they had to have played for their International first team.
    Now England are out of the EU I think I read somewhere that's now changed.