Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Kaide Gordon

Yes I thought we looked lost against Arsenal because there was no one lightning fast to throw long passes at all of a sudden. Our play improved when he came on

Know we have a couple at AFCON and a couple of injuries, but what an endorsement from the Manager to get to start a Cup semi-final at his age.

Doesn't convert the goalscoring opportunity, but is in the position to take it and has a go, so that's 80% of it.

Has a way to go yet, but has time on his hands. Thought he took up decent positions to let Trent work and he'll improve in time.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

I like this lad, I think in last night's game he was a bit overawed by the occasion when the opportunities for him to attack and make his runs were there, but in balance, for me Jurgen had him play a very disciplined role in the pressing and counter pressing to nullify the Martinelli threat, which was always going to be their main threat, and I though Gordon played that part of the game brilliantly

This lad will score LOTS of goals I'm sure, I think he just got a bit excited with his chance, maybe because his chances to attack had been restricted because of the disciplined role he played in where Jurgen set the press - So it's probably a very good mindset lesson for him to learn, as in to be able to keep the intense focus on the disciplined role while still being able to spring into his attacking mode and do that at his best too
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

he wasnt overawed what a load of crap. he was playing in an unnatural position. Its not easy playing wide.. you have to do your fair share of defending. leave the young lad alone.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    he wasnt overawed what a load of crap. he was playing in an unnatural position. Its not easy playing wide.. you have to do your fair share of defending. leave the young lad alone.
    I was praising him, very highly at that, how do you not understand that? Do you have issues with understanding the English language?

No just you OK? i thankkk you
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    No just you OK? i thankkk you
    Ok, well sorry you misunderstood me, I thought my post was quite clear that I really rate Gordon and thought he played a very good game and made a very important contribution in last night's game - I also have him starting at RFWD v Palace if Oxlade isn't fit if you look

How old is Martinelli? He was impressive last night.

I thought Gordon did ok - very well for 17 you could say - but didn’t have the freedom to do much damage, whether due to instruction, the skill of Tierney, being overwhelmed or a bit of all of them.

Wish he was 19 right now - he looks promising

Indeed - he is a superb player that Martinelli

Gordon has HUGE potential too.

Quote Originally Posted by Taksin View Post
    How old is Martinelli? He was impressive last night.

I thought Gordon did ok - very well for 17 you could say - but didn’t have the freedom to do much damage, whether due to instruction, the skill of Tierney, being overwhelmed or a bit of all of them.

Wish he was 19 right now - he looks promising
    He is 20 and yeah played well last night for them.