Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Afcon

Mane's Senegal through to the final against Burkina Faso 3-1, with Mane himself providing an assist for the second goal and the third goal to assure the victory.

The other semi will see Salah and Egypt try to meet them there and get past the host country Cameroon.

Fingers crossed that they're able to keep this form for when they get back to the club.
    'I got told there's an English phrase, 'You don't win trophies with kids'. I didn't know that' ... - Jurgen Klopp
    Stone-Cold Savage!

Good stuff, hope one of them wins it now.

Couldn’t care who wins. Hope they come back unscathed and with Mane being the main man for Senegal, hope he brings back some of that form for us.

Tonight's game is the first one I've watched. Shockingly poor quality football. And the officiating is bad too. The ref totally a home banker.
    Hope Mo gets out of the whole thing without injury.
    I think i would like Sadio to get a winners medal. Would do his confidence a lot of good, always in the shadow of Mo.

Mo should be well rested when he returns, as it's like training matches out there.

Some of the ugliest football I've seen. Asian cup semi finals were better than this

Poor pitch, awful football in the semi, Cameroon v Egypt. Wonder what the temperature is like out there?

75F with 86% humidity

Seems like this one is headed for the dreaded penalty shootout lottery.

It doesn't matter since Senegal will run roughshod all over whomever comes out of this dross in the final.
    'I got told there's an English phrase, 'You don't win trophies with kids'. I didn't know that' ... - Jurgen Klopp
    Stone-Cold Savage!

Quote Originally Posted by faridtoxteth View Post
    Tonight's game is the first one I've watched. Shockingly poor quality football. And the officiating is bad too. The ref totally a home banker.
    Hope Mo gets out of the whole thing without injury.
    I think i would like Sadio to get a winners medal. Would do his confidence a lot of good, always in the shadow of Mo.
    It's night and day from the other semi-final yesterday which had good quality football and top notch refereeing and VAR officiating.

The drop-off to what we're watching here is shocking, really.
    Stone-Cold Savage!