Page 19 of 27 FirstFirst ... 9121314151617181920212223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Thread: EFL Cup 2nd leg first: Liverpool v Arsenal

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Klopp did not look good getting a performance like that in a semi final, at home, against ten. No tactical change whatsoever all match.
    It was perfectly obvious to everyone watching what was going to happen once they went down to ten, so why did he leave 36 year old Milly chugging up and down with Ox and Jones on the bench?? Didn’t even change it at half time …WHY???
    Too little too late with his changes as usual. If things don’t go right for us in a game we never ever change tactics or even personnel for the better.

Absolutely woeful evening from everyone concerned
    You cant change much when all you have on the bench is midfielders.. Origi is crocked at the moment. thats our only hope
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Milly should have come off straight away, he was there to stop Arsenal from playing and once they went down to ten he wasn’t needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    When all is said and done Klopp is blind on midfield. It’s always been sub par and purely a facilitator for the rest - but now minus Gini in particular - it’s just shocking. Thiago is never fit too.

Teams will see it and we have a big problem
    True. It needs a massive rethink and overhaul. We are going through a sticky patch and the midfield is causing it, the depth is shit but the regulars aren't much better either.
    Thiagos fitness was a concern when he signed. Proved to be right. How the fuck does a club sign so many crocks?

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Milly should have come off straight away, he was there to stop Arsenal from playing and once they went down to ten he wasn’t needed.
    Trent should have gone off early too.

He was taking away more than he was contributing and when Neco came on (and how he played) you could really see how sub-standard his play had been all game.
    'I got told there's an English phrase, 'You don't win trophies with kids'. I didn't know that' ... - Jurgen Klopp
    Stone-Cold Savage!

I honestly have no idea what position Minamino plays

Apart from the obvious nonsense on here, the vast majority can clearly see the shortcomings in the squad , but more importantly where the game play is wrong (not working tonight after 15 mins). Yet we still persisted with a shape that was useless.
    Klopp kept this for the whole game, he apparently insists we play the sideways-backward, one wing to the other, uses the backs and midfield to force the ball to the wings .....WHY? when there is no attacker in the box?
    Klopp may be an inspirational manager, but he does not convince me he is a exceptional coach.
    The best friendships are built on a solid foundation of alcohol, cake, sarcasm and a dislike of the same people.

I don’t know about you guys but I felt we were missing Salah and Mané

I agree CD, Williams warmed to his task after a couple of nervous early touches. Without being exceptional he certainly had more positive affect on the game than Trent had.

Seeming more like an end of a era and everythings going through the motions.. a few "signings" might encourage some more positivity. Anyway been a long day. so night

Quote Originally Posted by Taksin View Post
    I don’t know about you guys but I felt we were missing Salah and Mané
    Nah,little Phil and Gini would've made the difference