Page 25 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1518192021222324252627 LastLast

Thread: Match Thread: EFL Cup 2nd leg first: Liverpool v Arsenal

On a different topic, not loving the extent of the criticism of Minamino on social media.

We're in the semi-final thanks to a contribution of his in the last round.

I don't get that, no matter how poor the miss was.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    On a different topic, not loving the extent of the criticism of Minamino on social media.

African fans no doubt.

we all know he's not good enough, probably no point slating him though

Not like he was a huge transfer, it was FSG's bargain basement bucket, didn't do much for southampton didn't start for them most of the time, not like he's going to be a star for us.
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

It’s a fair point Sid. It was one bad miss and Salah, Mané, Bobby and Jota all miss plenty of those.

Very harsh on Takumi
    Last edited by Steveo; 14th January 2022 at 10:40 PM.

Hes shit. ive given him chance enough to shine. he will get the odd goal. but hes not the world class players we need.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    Hes shit. ive given him chance enough to shine. he will get the odd goal. but hes not the world class players we need.
    Assuming he's behind Firmino, Salah, Mane, Jota and Origi (in whatever order one deems fit) then he's our 6th-choice forward.

Not sure we have ever had (or will ever have) a World Class 6th-choice forward to be fair. Though "World Class" as a definition is open to a lot of interpretation I suppose - best not open that can of worms

I'd be absolutely made up for him if he got a goal against Brentford, or a winner in the second leg.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    It’s a fair point Sid. It was one bad miss and Salah, Mané, Bobby and Jota all miss plenty of those.

Very harsh on Takumi
    Yep - Henderson, Ox and Matip all had pretty poor attempts from range as well, plus Trent had one of his poorest performances in a Liverpool shirt (which will happen from time to time, largely so, so good for us) when we needed our full-backs on it. Taki was in the right place to score, unfortunately shanks it - which happens - Raheem Sterling for example has a compilation of poor misses in front of goal.

Better luck to him next time. If we do happen to get past Arsenal (or indeed Chelsea!) I hope more will remember his Quarter-final goal.

Assuming he's behind Firmino, Salah, Mane, Jota and Origi (in whatever order one deems fit) then he's our 6th-choice forward.

Not sure we have ever had (or will ever have) a World Class 6th-choice forward to be fair. Though "World Class" as a definition is open to a lot of interpretation I suppose - best not open that can of worms

I'd be absolutely made up for him if he got a goal against Brentford, or a winner in the second leg.
    we are discussing Minamino why add the others into it?? ask for being 6th choice.. says it all doesnt it?? if he was any good he'd have played more. he needs to be shifted for a better player.

thats if he scores. if he doesnt it won't matter will it?? hes not shown anything thats why hes not played that often.Hes in the same league as Oxlade.ive also lost interest in his now.Curtis Jones is still young and needs a bit longer..

we are discussing Minamino why add the others into it?? ask for being 6th choice.. says it all doesnt it?? if he was any good he'd have played more. he needs to be shifted for a better player.
    You'd said about needing World Class players. Which, goes without saying, is ideal.

I just don't think having a 6th-choice forward who falls within that bracket is particularly realistic though, whoever it may be.

Obviously if we can upgrade - great, all for it. But I'd rather not upgrade a squad option with a "slightly better" squad option.

Different ways to construct a squad. I think we have a few too many "really good, but not quite excellent" players and if it were up to me I'd probably aim to have 14-16 as good as we can realistically afford (perhaps higher fees/wages on this group) and then have more of the squad options be youngsters coming through - ideally (to me at least) we'd have another forward at the Jota sort of level (rather than Origi and Minamino) and trust a youngster with that 6th spot.

Agree with you on the Ox shout for example. I'd swap one absolute belter of a midfielder for Ox plus one other. We'll never have 25 World-beaters, but having 14-16 then talented Youth coming through (Jones, Elliott, Gordon, Musialowski types) as the remaining 9-11 players would be something I'd get behind, for sure.

Not shitter than Naby who cost many times what he did, and never even plays for us.
    When he occasionally does he's only been decent half the time anyway.