Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Your team v Brentford

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    probably should set up 10 men behind the ball and hope someone scores on the counter.

At least we're only playing brentford who have been shite, so we might win.
    Get someone sent off and go behind by 2 goals and see how Brentford like it.
    Hit them with a double

probably should set up 10 men behind the ball and hope someone scores on the counter.

At least we're only playing brentford who have been shite, so we might win.
    I think you're joking (never know with you ), but a change of tactics wouldn't be a bad thing now and then. We're predictable because we literally play the same style, every game. Maybe 45 minutes of contain and counter could reap some rewards... we definitely need to draw teams out of their defensive shape when things aren't going our way.
    I bet you can squeal like a pig!

Quote Originally Posted by southernboy View Post
    I think you're joking (never know with you ), but a change of tactics wouldn't be a bad thing now and then. We're predictable because we literally play the same style, every game. Maybe 45 minutes of contain and counter could reap some rewards... we definitely need to draw teams out of their defensive shape when things aren't going our way.
    That would have been fun to watch last night. Arsenal 9 men camped in their own 3rd and us camped in ours. The Ref just wandering around in some weird 'no mans land'...
    Something, Something, Something, Dark Side

Alisson
    Neco Matip VVD Tsimikas
    Hendo Fab Jones/Firmino
    Gordon Jota Ox

No chance do we pick that side but its the one that gives us best balance with what we have imo.

Jones lkooked lively when he came on last night.

Ali
    TTA - Matip - VVD - Robbo
    Hendo - Fab - Ox
    Jota - Firmino - Jones
    Something, Something, Something, Dark Side

Alisson

Trent Konate Van Dijk Robertson

Henderson Fabinho Jones

Oxlade Firmino Jota

At least Oxlade will give us more pace up top than we had in that last shit show attempt at a performance, the mind boggles that top managers and coaches can't recognise and realise that amongst other things, they have built their entire team and way of playing on having pace up top and runs in behind, even when the line is the edge of the oppositions area and that was the fundamental reason it simply wasn't working v Arsenal, because there was no pace or runs in behind, of course it isn't going to work without it, it is all any line up we put out over the last 5 years has ever known for fucks fucking sake, not fucking rocket science, that they didn't recognise that the entire game was a fucking joke to be honest

Hendo sitting as RCM controller so we can at least have some distribution from deep and not get into the 'teams pick everyone else up and let Fab have the ball' routine I'm so sick of seeing this season again, it's so fucking boring and predictable, happens in so many games, another thing our coaches seem oblivious to

I absolutely expect our lads to fucking bum Brentford, get the win and another absolutely vital 3 points, really really important to secure top four as early as possible so we can rest players for the Champions League and other cups, forget the title while FSG are running the show, they've taken us so far backwards in 2 seasons of failure to invest it aint happening again while Jurgen's here and won't be any time soon after he's gone either, shithouse cunts
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Thing is mate EVERYBODY is behind City 13 point lead already over another big spender.

It’s virtually impossible to compete with them year after year and it’s not just us as the EPL has shown over the last 5 years.

I mean let’s say we buy a £50m CM it will then be we need a £50m forward and if they are duds people will then say get rid get another £50-60m player this is the unrealistic demands of some fans of clubs due to c*nts like City state money remember that STATE money not really their own.

it's not just city though, a lot of teams seem to spend more than us, luckily most of the time we get it right or get some complete gem I.E salah.
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

it's not just city though, a lot of teams seem to spend more than us, luckily most of the time we get it right or get some complete gem I.E salah.
    I agree teams like Villa/Everton/Arsenal have but they have bought mainly cr*p.

To get in our team we need top players they cost £50m plus those types not join the above clubs though.

What I’m trying to say is Villa as an example spend more and buys lots of £20-30m players which improve them but wouldn’t improve us they’d be bench warmers.

I don’t care what anyone says Rice, Bellingham, Grealish are not worth anywhere near £100m.

We do need to spend next summer though I mean now is better but it’s not gonna happen !

Well, at least we can agree on something, it isn't just City and I'm not, nor are any of the rest of us from what I've read, asking for 2 first 11 of top class players on top wages, we're asking for investment to replace ageing players with new next gen players who have all the abilities and more of the players ageing and a couple more top signings to give us 16 top players so we are able to manage injuries and suspensions and compete with and beat them and other sides when we're missing a couple of have to include a couple of the squad players

We don't need 22 top class top wage big fee players and no-one's asking for that but we need more investment than FSG are providing, our net spend is something ridiculous like 16th in the league in the entire time Jurgen has been here, which is quite frankly a fucking joke, disgrace and piss take

Thiago was a bad signing, age, injury prone, lacking the physical attributes for the Prem, we signed him because he was cheap in terms of Bayern letting us pay in instalments, he doesn't fit how we play, we needed and need a Tchouameni, Bellingham or Gravenberch type of midfielder, all the athleticism, strength, power and box to box ability, more in fact than any of our current midfielders, but with far greater technical and passing ability also, crucially any midfielder we sign in the future should have these qualities and be able to play top top quality switches, attempted balls over the top and to find our forwards and full backs in time and space in isolation, something else I've been banging on about since 18-19 also

It isn't fucking rocket science, if your forwards and full backs and the team overall thrive on a certain type of passing from midfield and CB (Virgil and Konate) and you only have ONE fucking player in the your entire quota of midfielders who can play those types of passes to the required level, you need to invest in some fucking midfielders, FOR FUCKS FUCKING CUNTING SAKE
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”