Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 367891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Thread 16/01/22 Brentford

If Rafa plays his cards right, he could complete the trifecta and find himself the manager of Tranmere come next season.

He's already well situated to do so.
    'I got told there's an English phrase, 'You don't win trophies with kids'. I didn't know that' ... - Jurgen Klopp
    Stone-Cold Savage!

MOTM for me Jordan Henderson or Fabinho.
    Trent and Curtis Jones were both better than in mid week.
    I was wondering if Trent's poor game mid week was after effects of him having covid.

Meanwhile Moysie is seeing his Hammers fourth place hopes going down the drain as they fall to defeat at home to mighty Leeds.

As Bowen misses at the death (hopefully setting up his eventual departure in the summer to come to us).

Should be a matter of routine now for either The Arse or the Spuds to overtake them and get that final CL spot.

All in all, not a bad weekend of Footie.
    'I got told there's an English phrase, 'You don't win trophies with kids'. I didn't know that' ... - Jurgen Klopp
    Stone-Cold Savage!

Up the bum job done bumming administered, as ever all the focus on the next game, getting the win and booking our place in the Carabao Cup final

Jones better today, pleased with him although he has better passing than he is showing and still plays far too safe all the frickin time, but work rate and ethic and pressing and counter pressing like he actuall understand what he's doing it was a massive improvement

Fab and Hendo both great today, Fab quite a few very timely interceptions and better passing, even hit one decent passable switch, Hendo just always in great pressing and counter pressing positions and constantly nicking the ball back or recycling it when our moves broke down, he's a very underrated machine in that respect even in games when he doesn't have the best of times with the ball
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    I don't think we'll catch them, BUT, we HAVE to get back to our best possible standards and mantra of concentrating on each next game and winning it, just get back on that roll and into that mindset of continually working harder than ever ever yday to improve and putting all our focus on winning each next game
    100%.

Don't think we'll catch them either, but if we did end up winning our games in hand (8 point gap) and beating them (5 point gap) and they dropped points on a weekend where they play after us and we pissed a result away (thus missing a chance to be just 2 points behind) we'd be absolutely kicking ourselves.

Suspect they'll finish about 10-12 points ahead, but we have to try and winning games would create great rhythm for Europe and the Cups.

Quote Originally Posted by faridtoxteth View Post
    Trent and Curtis Jones were both better than in mid week.
    I was wondering if Trent's poor game mid week was after effects of him having covid.
    Did he have COVID?
    This second bout of infections of COVID has been as severe as the first go-around in 2020 - especially if you've been vaxxed which I imagine he has been.

But his game has been crap for a long while now, so I wouldn't readily accept that as an excuse anyway.
    Stone-Cold Savage!

Quote Originally Posted by faridtoxteth View Post
    Just posted similar I thought both were fantastic today
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

yeah Fabinho for me..
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

If Henderson was anyone’s MOTM then they were watching another game.

Fabinho all day. Hendo not as poor as of late (wouldn’t be starting if others were fit) but still poor. That was Brentford at Anfield remember.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Dynasty View Post
    Did he have COVID?
    This second bout of infections of COVID has been as severe as the first go-around in 2020 - especially if you've been vaxxed which I imagine he has been.

But his game has been crap for a long while now, so I wouldn't readily accept that as an excuse anyway.
    Well I don’t know if you can take fantasy football point scoring as a barometer of a players form but carrying points in fpl wise Trent is absolutely on fire this season. He was actually accruing points at a greater rate than salah before all of this Covid upheaval when we were in good form around November. As I say not really a barometer of how a player is really playing but the assists and clean sheets were still there.