Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ... 4789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Thread 16/01/22 Brentford

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    If Henderson was anyone’s MOTM then they were watching another game.

Fabinho all day. Hendo not as poor as of late (wouldn’t be starting if others were fit) but still poor. That was Brentford at Anfield remember.
    He would be starting. Who plays ahead of him?

He's called the Fabulous one for a reason.MOTM.

If Henderson was anyone’s MOTM then they were watching another game.

Fabinho all day. Hendo not as poor as of late (wouldn’t be starting if others were fit) but still poor. That was Brentford at Anfield remember.
    Well, it's 3 or 4 of us so far Steveo, you underrate the importance of players positioning and what they do without the ball, he was our player above all others who kept them pinned in their half for most of the game, absolutely expert pressing and counter pressing positions for almost all of it, continually recycling it every time our attacks broke down, it's a massive part of our game, if we had 2 other midfielders, or even just Gini still, who understand how to press and counter press as he does and could do so in conjunction with him as Gini did, we'd have not dropped 10 points from winning positions already this season
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    He's called the Fabulous one for a reason.MOTM.
    best midfielder we have
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

Quote Originally Posted by 3underpar View Post
    Wtf is their keeper thinking right there. Schoolboy stuff
    Yep thought brentford was shocking today, if they keep that up they might find themselves in a relegation battle, doubt it though there's a big enough gap.

We won that's the main thing, miles off city though.
    #FSGOUT

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    We won that's the main thing, miles off city though.
    The chasm in overall quality and sharpness between us and City after watching their second half today and our entire game today is currently massive, they're miles better than us without the ball above all else at the moment, in their collective press and counter press, we need 2 more midfielders who understand how to do it as well as Captain Fantastic, it is afterall what our success was built on, being better and a lot better at that than any other side, need to get back to it

Get me Tchouameni on the phone
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by eggy81 View Post
    He would be starting. Who plays ahead of him?
    Elliott and Thiago - even Keita would likely have got the nod we’re he not in a Africa.

He has been shocking last few games - lucky for him he is captain or he would have been getting dressed down

On current form he is no way a starter - not for a team that wants to win a title.

Today I expected more - I guess a 6 out of 10 is the best you could say
    Last edited by Steveo; 16th January 2022 at 05:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Well, it's 3 or 4 of us so far Steveo, you underrate the importance of players positioning and what they do without the ball, he was our player above all others who kept them pinned in their half for most of the game, absolutely expert pressing and counter pressing positions for almost all of it, continually recycling it every time our attacks broke down, it's a massive part of our game, if we had 2 other midfielders, or even just Gini still, who understand how to press and counter press as he does and could do so in conjunction with him as Gini did, we'd have not dropped 10 points from winning positions already this season
    3 and 4 who clearly don’t have eyes to see. Maybe a few too many?

His first half showing would have seen us behind against any half decent team.

Come on mate give it up, you ain’t fooling anyone

Elliott and Thiago - even Keita would likely have got the nod we’re he not in a Africa.

He has been shocking last few games - lucky for him he is captain or he would have been getting dressed down

On current form he is no way a starter - not for a team that wants to win a title.

Today I expected more - I guess a 6 out of 10 is the best you could say
    He hasn’t been at his best at all. But we’d lose too much defensively with keita or Elliot in there imo.

Quote Originally Posted by eggy81 View Post
    He hasn’t been at his best at all. But we’d lose too much defensively with keita or Elliot in there imo.
    Which is why we need another player like Wij... or dare I say it henderson.

But we also need a player like Coutinho...

I do feel main focus should be on the midfield next few windows, then the attack.. obviously if mane or salah leave we'll have to get another forward.

I have a feeling diaz might replace Mane.
    Last edited by Kev0909; 16th January 2022 at 06:05 PM.
    #FSGOUT