Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 111415161718192021

Thread: Matchthread - Second leg v Arsenal

I didn’t think Jones was that good last night. Flattered to deceive. But he’s returning from absence.

And I did think Martinelli threatened the goal. He was often beating the man, sometimes in the box and causing a bit of chaos for us on a number of occasions. Would be thrilled to have him at Anfield

Agree.

I would say that nobody was outstanding apart from Jota - who was unplayable. Trent showed his class at times and Fabinho was very decent despite a few mishaps.

Must be mentioned again - Kelleher is a very good keeper and yes I too would love to have Martinelli.

I actually thought Minamino looked tidy when he came in. Bobby was class at times.

The whole team played well for a long period of the game once Arsenal’s opening 20 minutes had fizzled out. They were actually brilliant to begin with and we showed a lot of experience to ride it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Taksin View Post
    I actually thought Minamino looked tidy when he came in. Bobby was class at times.

The whole team played well for a long period of the game once Arsenal’s opening 20 minutes had fizzled out. They were actually brilliant to begin with and we showed a lot of experience to ride it out.
    I though it was a very professional 2nd leg away performance, we showed class by controlling the game and quieting the crowd, everyone played their part.

Just watching the full 90 again here in particular watching for Jones contributions. He was excellent. So composed and very strong and skilful. Big future for us hopefully

Yes, ultimately it was a very professional team display - after the first goal.

I was over the moon with the win NOT just because it puts us into a final, which is a massive bonus, but because IMO that was a much more difficult tie to negotiate than many probably think it was.

Minus Mané and Salah and with the midfield struggling to assert itself fully - away at the Emirates becomes a very tough one.

Arsenal are no mugs and - Forrest aside - domestic cups have become their forte.

Jones is in and around the edges of being a decent midfielder, he just needs to be that bit more positive. Still sometimes holds on to the ball a bit too long even though it looks like he’s seen the pass, he doesn’t always have the confidence to play it. Same with shooting, he has an excellent shot on him but often passes up the opportunity around the edge of the box.
    He’s still young, more game time may sort that out, bit quicker moving the ball and take the shot on more often and we have a player.