Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 912131415161718192021 LastLast

Thread: Matchthread - Second leg v Arsenal

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Interesting, as I thought he played well, but it would be dull if we all felt the same way all the time.

I think he is being instructed to play things a bit "safe" like Wijnaldum would have done where his natural urge is to be a Stevie-lite.

He protects the ball so well. Still not quite 21 yet, has the build, can work a little on his decision-making, fans will be patient due to where he's from - think he has every chance of becoming a very decent player for us, even if he doesn't become an undroppable first-teamer for 5-10 years.
    I like him, he has good feet and is always looking for the half turn.

He just doesn't pass the ball. He doesn't see enough of what's on or give the balls at the right moment. Hopefully that can be coached.

He's a solid homegrown option to have in the squad who might develop further.

Yep - not his best game but again outperformed the captain.

No, he isn’t at his best but he has the technique. In tight spaces he is our best option of all. Does need to speed up his train of thought though. Excellent player to have and he is as Scouse as they come.

Quote Originally Posted by jozza800 View Post
    He just doesn't pass the ball. He doesn't see enough of what's on or give the balls at the right moment. Hopefully that can be coached.
    Yeah, that's very fair comment at the moment. A couple of times a pass was on to put someone in and he either doesn't see it, doesn't trust himself to make the pass, believes he can carry the ball further - whatever it is that goes on in his head.

I definitely think that can be coached, though, like with finishing, there will be a cap on your level should you not have a natural talent for it.

Thankfully he has other attributes and we don't need every midfielder to be an Alonso - let's see how far he can go.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

Jones could be a beast in two years time.

I think he is a good player he is strong, can go past players, he is quicker than he looks and his pressing has improved.

He can at times hang onto the ball too long but he is only 20 just need to have some patience.

I like that he isnt scared to shoot from 25-30 yards either not enough of them in the game now !

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    Jones could be a beast in two years time.

I think he is a good player he is strong, can go past players, he is quicker than he looks and his pressing has improved.

He can at times hang onto the ball too long but he is only 20 just need to have some patience.

I like that he isnt scared to shoot from 25-30 yards either not enough of them in the game now !
    I’d like him to try the early ball more often. The quick ball in behind for the runner. But he’s coming along nicely in general to be fair.

Quote Originally Posted by jozza800 View Post
    I like him, he has good feet and is always looking for the half turn.

He's a solid homegrown option to have in the squad who might develop further.
    Agree. He is a solid enough performer but a little risk averse which is something myself and 19 have said before. He plays it a bit too safe too often.
    We need him to be a creative element in that midfield, like you say it might be coached.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Agree. He is a solid enough performer but a little risk averse which is something myself and 19 have said before. He plays it a bit too safe too often.
    We need him to be a creative element in that midfield, like you say it might be coached.
    He is naturally a forward thinking midfielder after watching him in U23 games.

I think he is being coached to play a certain way for us and not take too many risks.

Like I say he is only 20 if he stays grounded he will get better he has talent.

He is a big lad as well which is handy in the EPL.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Interesting, as I thought he played well, but it would be dull if we all felt the same way all the time.

I think he is being instructed to play things a bit "safe" like Wijnaldum would have done where his natural urge is to be a Stevie-lite.

He protects the ball so well. Still not quite 21 yet, has the build, can work a little on his decision-making, fans will be patient due to where he's from - think he has every chance of becoming a very decent player for us, even if he doesn't become an undroppable first-teamer for 5-10 years.
    But he keeps the ball for too long and on the end he lose the ball a lot times. Wijnauldum was far more experienced player, no doubt about that, but I think Wijnauldum was the player on the squad that almost don't lose one ball during the game. He was reliable, very reliable on that side of the game. Sometimes Jones makes me furious because he could release the ball much more soon and we could create danger on the counter but he insists on keeps the ball and on the end a lot times he lose the ball.
    Keep Red... And Never Walk Alone

On other side, I can't remember have a so good second choice keeper like Kelleher. He is far better than Mignolet, Karius and others.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Yep - not his best game but again outperformed the captain.
    Again no, there was a very specific arrangement in that game, the press and counter set was set lopsided, Gordon's position was most frequently deeper almost RCM, and again the Captain played the specific tactics for that game to facilitate the team playing those tactics as well as they could brilliantly

People, so many of our own fans are stuck in how football was played for years before we had Jurgen, I don't mean to be offensive or argumentative, you don't understand the more tactical game, you don't see the brilliance of Jurgen or value the importance of the collective as a team and players playing an absolutely outstanding tactical role for their manager so other players, specifically, Trent, Jota and Jones (in the case of this game) can have more license to attack and create, oh wait a second, that's exactly what happened, how we won the game and Arsenal didn't get anywhere near our goal

Jozza summed Jones' contribution with Henderson playing Jurgen's tactics brilliantly for him to have that license to attack more and create up perfectly

I'd add to the part in bold, "Or back himself or his ability to play those balls at the right moment when he actually does see them"

What you post reads exactly as though it's been written by one of the know nothing hacks whose comments on Henderson you quoted several of in your post on the Brentfrod match thread, they were simply wildly inaccurate, and not even close to what happened or why it happened in the game or who was culpable for what happened and showed an incredibly apparent lack of any level of tactical understanding or appreciation of the game, the one blaming Henderson for Pulisic scoring when Virgil and Tsimikas had played him on and Konate and Henderson were playing offside summed that up perfectly.

The Pulisic goal was the result of a poor attempted ball forward, from Virgil I think, Konate maybe could have been stronger on Kante, but Virgil and Tsimikas played 4 players on, that's how that goal happened, go and watch it, yet you posted in full agreement of every single one of the half arse half baked comments

Even the clowns on Sky fair better when it comes to our tactics and the importance of our players roles in key moments, tactics Tim was gushing over Hendo v Brentford and his incredible game intelligence, Sky were all over the role he played in helping Trent be where he was in the key moments and helping other players be able to attacks, even they get it, you're a Liverpool fan, how do you not understand it?
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”