Page 55 of 61 FirstFirst ... 5454849505152535455565758596061 LastLast

Thread: Match Thread : Crystal Palace v Liverpool

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    After exhaustive analysis I believe this was a penalty. Correct call and missed by most.
    Although not by me

Well done for finally seeing sense, Steveo. All that hard work was worth it

Quote Originally Posted by Taksin View Post
    He actually needs to jump right in order to move left, which is where the ball went

Yep the defender will bring him down IF he doesn't move right. This causes 2 things.

1.Jota to not connect properly on the ball

2. the collision with the keeper

In both cases none of it is Jota's fault, he certainly does't dive and IT justifies the penalty decision. there is nowhere Jota can go but straight and be felled or right and be felled.

Credit the ref for this?

Although not by me

Well done for finally seeing sense, Steveo. All that hard work was worth it
    I used the same evidence for the second goal dude.. and it shows what it shows.. let's leave that one where it is eh..

I don't know why people are scared of the truth,

I'm inclined to think it was a penalty now, in this new world of namby pamby football. First of all there was clear contact that obstructed the player's forward movement - many penalties don't even have that. Jota can be argued to have dummied his own move with the ball, even though it looked accidental. The goalkeeper then clattered into him while the ball was still live, nowhere near the goalie and still probably reachable for Jota. That makes it a foul and therefore a pen.

It doesn't matter if it looks like Jota messed it up. Same with these new hand balls. It doesn't matter if there was no intention and the defender had their hands in a respectable non-cheating position any more. Its a pen.
    This is what I said earlier in January when you still believed the goal was illegitimate

This is what I said earlier in January when you still believed the goal was illegitimate
    And that is fine - I only saw the penalty on TV once and it looked like a deliberate collision as it does from a few angles. More than happy to admit I was wrong. Sadly the same cannot be said for others.

I have looked for the truth - painstakingly created a video that I believe reveals the truth and found the truth as I see it. I did precisely the same with Oxlade goal which you seem keen to bring back to the table.

I spent 20 years as an animator. I know about movement and I have analysed both incidents and I believe clearly Bobby interferes -and clearly Jota deserved a penalty.

That's it really.

Sadly in the real world it would take far too long to be this certain. they would have to analyse multiple angles and probably use multiple people to vote on what rule was or was not broken.

We could go down this road IF we want absolute correctness BUT the game will suffer

see here I have made it closer to real speed and repeated the action.

[video=youtube_share;1yGtVZbTC94]https://youtu.be/1yGtVZbTC94[/video

Jota seemingly attempts to score with a flick from the outside of his right foot while the defender tries to clear.. This is a good reason why he veers to the right- the defender has affected his direction so it cannot really be put solely on Jota.

he appears to change direction to collide but actually changes direction to block off the defender and shoot. very different from what was described by so many of us (myself included) and so many pundits.

After exhaustive analysis I believe this was a penalty. Correct call and missed by most.
    Wasn’t sure but you have nailed it regarding Diego’s failed attempt to flick to the right. 100% pen.

2. If we were 2:1 down at Home to Palace and they got the Jota penalty, would we feel aggrieved?

Regardless of the numerous good chances Palace had - if we just focus on those 2 key moments, I believe most will conclude we scored 1 legit goal.
    Although this was your immediate response at the time

You were happy to talk about what most would conclude back then, which is one of your catch phrases.. claiming to be uncertain is obviously fine - but you're always going on about the ocularly challenged and what people who know about football think.. if you weren't so pompous you'd save yourself a lot of grief as being disagreed with clearly winds you up..

Wow - I must really have gotten under that thin skin of yours.

Despite your rather childish attempts to point score Taksin I have conceded - after close analysis - produced by my own hand to find the truth that the Jota incident resulting in a penalty was totally justified. At least to me.

But Taksin, many Liverpool fans will still argue it was not one .

Regardless of that fact, we on this forum would absolutely have gone into meltdown had that incident happened against us at the same time at Anfield. 1:2 down and minutes to go..

As is so often the case with people that lack true intelligence - it has to be highlighted that one thing has little to do with the other.

Not a penalty in my opinion.
    Carry on though.
    Again.