Page 23 of 61 FirstFirst ... 1316171819202122232425262728293033 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Thread : Crystal Palace v Liverpool

I'd probably even go as far as to say we didn't deserve to win that game based on our second half play (and the latter part of the first half after we went 2-0 up).

Palace at least deserved something.

Klopp can NOT seriously start the next game with Matip at the back there.
    Why Konate didn't get the start after he came on at the half in the last game and stabilized our backline, I'll never understand.

He should start the next game, and Klopp needs to have a word with Hendo about his play of late.
    (along with Trent.)
    'I got told there's an English phrase, 'You don't win trophies with kids'. I didn't know that' ... - Jurgen Klopp
    Stone-Cold Savage!

Let’s just get Salah and Mané back please.

Anyone know the latest dates they could be back?

How on earth that was a penalty is beyond me but I guess it's as much as the one given against us last season at Brighton.
    Job done , but the sooner Salah and Mané are back the better.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Let’s just get Salah and Mané back please.

Anyone know the latest dates they could be back?
    They both play against each other in the next round ,so one is coming back after that game.

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    They both play against each other in the next round ,so one is coming back after that game.
    That’s good to know.

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    How on earth that was a penalty is beyond me but I guess it's as much as the one given against us last season at Brighton.
    Job done , but the sooner Salah and Mané are back the better.
    We have decisions going against us this year (spurs) this one went for us. Its not a pen.
    But we were still 2-1 up so not a sif Palace were truly robbed. Saying that, we were very poor from 35 mins on. Klopp does need to look at that high line because both CBs today were getting caught out by it. We are not defensively solid as in previous seasons.

Midfield remains a real problem, Fab needs a player sitting alongside him, you just can't have him at No6 with both LCM and RCM advanced well ahead of him, he's not dynamic or athletic enough, doesn't know where and how to position himself and isn't good enough with the ball

He was playing far better when Thiago was played alongside him all game, unpopular as it may be, Fab simply isn't a No6 suited to our system, he needs that controller alongside him, he's been shown up numerous times this season without Gini nursing him through games
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

But that's just the thing.

Everyone's saying the sooner we have Salah and Mané back the better off we'll be.
    But would having Salah and Mané in the team today have cured our shitty sloppy play in the middle of the park and in defense?

I would understand the sentiment in aftermath of a game in which we'd dominated possession but couldn't put it in the net.
    Outside the opening half hour, that wasn't the case in this game.

Salah and Mané in the team, but with Hendo and Fabby still 6's and 7's in the middle of the park and Trent having an invisible game and Matip being a disaster at the back (and Virg not covering himself in glory either), still leaves you with pretty much the same kind of game we had today.
    'I got told there's an English phrase, 'You don't win trophies with kids'. I didn't know that' ... - Jurgen Klopp
    Stone-Cold Savage!

True - it wouldn’t, but it always increases our chances of winning.

The midfield is a mess

Quote Originally Posted by jr81 View Post
    We have decisions going against us this year (spurs) this one went for us. Its not a pen.
    But we were still 2-1 up so not a sif Palace were truly robbed. Saying that, we were very poor from 35 mins on. Klopp does need to look at that high line because both CBs today were getting caught out by it. We are not defensively solid as in previous seasons.
    The 2nd striker behind Virgil caught him out, it's fine when there's only one so Virgil or Matip can see everything in front of them from the cross ball. Definitely a worry when playing against 2 up top.