Page 24 of 61 FirstFirst ... 1417181920212223242526272829303134 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Thread : Crystal Palace v Liverpool

Watched the whole game without messaging....That was the luckiest 3-1 win I've ever seen,despite being outstanding for most of the 1st half(Donkeyboy Matip aside)....I agree with some of the comments,we need some kind of Plan B..Teams have worked us out, that 2nd half was abysmal(Alisson apart)...Lucky as fuck(joke of a penalty decision at the end) but guess we'll take it....

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Midfield remains a real problem, Fab needs a player sitting alongside him, you just can't have him at No6 with both LCM and RCM advanced well ahead of him, he's not dynamic or athletic enough, doesn't know where and how to position himself and isn't good enough with the ball

He was playing far better when Thiago was played alongside him all game, unpopular as it may be, Fab simply isn't a No6 suited to our system, he needs that controller alongside him, he's been shown up numerous times this season without Gini nursing him through games
    The Fabulous one with another goal, he's now adding goals to his game which keeps us in the hunt. Calm as you like.
    What a player.

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    They both play against each other in the next round ,so one is coming back after that game.
    They don't play each other in the next round.

Senegal plays against Cape Verde on Tuesday in the round of 16, while Egypt plays against The Ivory Coast the next day.

You're probably thinking the World Cup qualifiers playoffs in which Egypt does play against Senegal - but that's not for several weeks (the last weeks of March).
    'I got told there's an English phrase, 'You don't win trophies with kids'. I didn't know that' ... - Jurgen Klopp
    Stone-Cold Savage!

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    The 2nd striker behind Virgil caught him out, it's fine when there's only one so Virgil or Matip can see everything in front of them from the cross ball. Definitely a worry when playing against 2 up top.
    I thought it looked like vvd stopped to try play offside rather than playing the ball. It looks like his acceleration still isn't back. He doesn't seem to be running at full tilt. Maybe it's just the way he runs. But I though he looked slow on the turn and as hesitant St times.

Why are the footbal tv schedule making us play Thursday/Sundays. we play Leicster at home and Burnley away in a coupla weeks.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

We were far from our best today, but sometimes, you have to acknowledge that there are two teams on the pitch. You have to give credit to Palace, the same as we gave credit to Southampton last night.

Ultimately, the penalty probably didn’t make any difference to the scoreline. The fact is, we went out and bought one of the best goalkeepers in the world, and today he proved his value. Palace can’t really have any genuine complaints.
    I bet you can squeal like a pig!

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    That’s good to know.
    Actually, they don't play each other in the next round.
    Senegal plays against Cape Verde on Tuesday in the round of 16, while Egypt plays against The Ivory Coast the next day.

And they can't meet until the final (they're on opposite sides of the draw) - that's if they both win their matches, obviously.
    'I got told there's an English phrase, 'You don't win trophies with kids'. I didn't know that' ... - Jurgen Klopp
    Stone-Cold Savage!

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Dynasty View Post
    They don't play each other in the next round.

You're probably thinking the World Cup qualifiers playoffs in which Egypt does play against Senegal - but that's not for several weeks (the last weeks of March).
    I could've swore I read one was definitely back after the next round of games.
    As a man once said " fuck for this "

The midfield is our problem, we have a very good back 5 and a front 3 that is the envy of just about every other team in World football. Our midfield is such a step down in quality it’s mind boggling. They cannot manage games when we are in front. The number of sloppy passes in dangerous positions is amateurish at times.
    Desperately in need of two new first 11 midfielders in the summer.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    True - it wouldn’t, but it always increases our chances of winning.

The midfield is a mess
    The midfield has been a mess since we let Gini go, both Fabinho and Hendo have had issues without Gini, Fab because he needs a midfield controller of Gini's ability sitting alongside him taking great positions off him and in conjunction with all the other players positions, Henderson because he needs at least one other midfielder to take positions as expertly as he does and affect other players positions by the positions he (Gini) used to take. That's why it's been a mess - Or course if Fab was anywhere near as good and astute in his positioning, reading of the game, pressing and counter pressing, it wouldn't be an issue, but that isn't the case

Get me Tchouameni on the phone! ! ! FOR FUCKS SAKE Infinitely more in the mould of the type of player we need and our system needs at No6, get it fucking done, then we can march on to the quadruple
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”