Page 25 of 61 FirstFirst ... 1518192021222324252627282930313235 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Thread : Crystal Palace v Liverpool

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Dynasty View Post
    Actually, they don't play each other in the next round.
    Senegal plays against Cape Verde on Tuesday in the round of 16, while Egypt plays against The Ivory Coast the next day.

And they can't meet until the final (they're on opposite sides of the draw) - that's if they both win their matches, obviously.
    Aah poop.

Quote Originally Posted by jr81 View Post
    I thought it looked like vvd stopped to try play offside rather than playing the ball. It looks like his acceleration still isn't back. He doesn't seem to be running at full tilt. Maybe it's just the way he runs. But I though he looked slow on the turn and as hesitant St times.
    Yeah he did, but he didn't see yhe other forward behind him. Which you could point the finger of blame at Virgil for not seeing him.

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    The midfield is our problem, we have a very good back 5 and a front 3 that is the envy of just about every other team in World football. Our midfield is such a step down in quality it’s mind boggling. They cannot manage games when we are in front. The number of sloppy passes in dangerous positions is amateurish at times.
    Desperately in need of two new first 11 midfielders in the summer.
    We needed and still need Tchouameni this window and Bellingham in the summer, THAT is the level of quality and type of midfielder our team and system needs, we do need a lot better at No6, more pace, athleticism, dynamism, quality with the ball, reading of the game, positioning, ability to play No6 No8 controller or attacking
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Dynasty View Post
    Actually, they don't play each other in the next round.
    Senegal plays against Cape Verde on Tuesday in the round of 16, while Egypt plays against The Ivory Coast the next day.

And they can't meet until the final (they're on opposite sides of the draw) - that's if they both win their matches, obviously.
    It's 2 weeks until the game v Cardiff, both will be back for the game v Leicester which is on Thursday 10th February, 2 weeks on Thursday, Winter break innit

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Aah poop.
    Chin up.
    They could both get knocked out on Tuesday/Wednesday.

Egypt certainly might.
    (Ivory Coast are by far and above the favourites in that tie, and Egypt have been playing like crap in this year's tourney.
    Senegal might go far, though. A potential semi-final matchup against Tournament favourites Nigeria isn't out of the question)
    'I got told there's an English phrase, 'You don't win trophies with kids'. I didn't know that' ... - Jurgen Klopp
    Stone-Cold Savage!

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    Yeah he did, but he didn't see yhe other forward behind him. Which you could point the finger of blame at Virgil for not seeing him.
    I think he knows he is there. Otherwise who is he trying to catch offside? Wouldn't he just chase the ball down and play out? I'm slightly worried that he isn't backing himself in these situations when before his pace would have cleared up that situation.

I'm saying that, matip wins the 1st header but midfielder around to pick up the second ball. Their lad gets it with no pressure and the CBs are slightly caught on the back foot then.

It just wasn't a good performance from 35 mins on

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    The midfield is our problem, we have a very good back 5 and a front 3 that is the envy of just about every other team in World football. Our midfield is such a step down in quality it’s mind boggling. They cannot manage games when we are in front. The number of sloppy passes in dangerous positions is amateurish at times.
    Desperately in need of two new first 11 midfielders in the summer.
    Replacements for Keita/Thiago and Milner.. Wont be this January though "the summer"
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

I think he knows he is there. Otherwise who is he trying to catch offside? Wouldn't he just chase the ball down and play out? I'm slightly worried that he isn't backing himself in these situations when before his pace would have cleared up that situation.

I'm saying that, matip wins the 1st header but midfielder around to pick up the second ball. Their lad gets it with no pressure and the CBs are slightly caught on the back foot then.

I think it is just games, games and more games Virgil needs - I think he has been caught a little between 2 stalls, he had been following players back, when he'd usually hold the line and has, together with Robbo and Tsimikas cost us a few goals this season following players back when Matip or Konate had been playing them off, it has been an issue, so today he tries to hold the line and gets done a couple of times because we had no pressure on either of their CBs and they're both very good on the ball and with the ball, very capable

Definitely a worry as has been pointed out with both Chelsea and Brighton games. Going 2 up and still dropping points.

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    Replacements for Keita/Thiago and Milner.. Wont be this January though "the summer"
    I'd have let sick note Mr Whippy Thiago go to Barcelona this window and got Tchouameni in, Thiago has been a disastrous signing, he's not at all the type of midfielder we needed, why wait until the summer when we know Barcelona want him and we could move him on this window and get a far better suited player with a far better availability record in instead of him to make us stronger for the remainder of this season and be further developed for Bellingham's arrival in the summer?