Page 26 of 61 FirstFirst ... 1619202122232425262728293031323336 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Thread : Crystal Palace v Liverpool

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    I'd have let sick note Mr Whippy Thiago go to Barcelona this window and got Tchouameni in, Thiago has been a disastrous signing, he's not at all the type of midfielder we needed, why wait until the summer when we know Barcelona want him and we could move him on this window and get a far better suited player with a far better availability record in instead of him to make us stronger for the remainder of this season and be further developed for Bellingham's arrival in the summer?
    Id like a bunch of naked women in my bedroom. but thats more likely than us signing anyone in jan
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    I think it is just games, games and more games Virgil needs - I think he has been caught a little between 2 stalls, he had been following players back, when he'd usually hold the line and has, together with Robbo and Tsimikas cost us a few goals this season following players back when Matip or Konate had been playing them off, it has been an issue, so today he tries to hold the line and gets done a couple of times because we had no pressure on either of their CBs and they're both very good on the ball and with the ball, very capable
    He has looked hesitant at times and more games will help. Hopefully he gets back to what he was. He is still out best cb just not as solid.

The midfield is a big worry as many have said. And I agree at times we should alter our tactics and sit off. At 2-0we don't need to leave our defence exposed time and again by piling forward.

I feel for the "greek fella" he looked like getting a regular start,. But Robbos form in the last few games. has been back to near his best.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    I feel for the "greek fella" he looked like getting a regular start,. But Robbos form in the last few games. has been back to near his best.
    He had his chance when Robbo was suspended.
    But then for some bizarre reason his form then dropped for those three games.

It just goes to show that in this game you really have to take your chances by the scruff, and make it really hard for the gaffer to drop you back to the bench when the starter becomes available again.

I think that suspension was a wake-up call for Robbo (which is good for us).
    Now if only we had an equally great alternative for Trent on the other wing, to give him the kick up his arse that he's clearly crying out for now.....
    'I got told there's an English phrase, 'You don't win trophies with kids'. I didn't know that' ... - Jurgen Klopp
    Stone-Cold Savage!

Quote Originally Posted by jr81 View Post
    He has looked hesitant at times and more games will help. Hopefully he gets back to what he was. He is still out best cb just not as solid.

The midfield is a big worry as many have said. And I agree at times we should alter our tactics and sit off. At 2-0we don't need to leave our defence exposed time and again by piling forward.
    Agree entirely, at 2-0, knowing how good both their CB's are on the ball, drop both Hendo and Jones alongside Fabinho as he always looks entirely lost without at least one mid alongside him and looks far better with 2 alongside him, drop Bobby so it's more of a 4312 so if either Jones of Hendo is pulled wide and it leaves a hole Bobby can drop in and set the starting line for the midfield press deeper, and leave the quicker 2 we had on of Jota and Oxlade up top pressing their 2 CBs, also having both our FB's looking to release each other with switches from deep to connect runs from deep beyond our midfielders

There was no reason to play the line so high with no pressure on their CBs given how good both are on the ball, it was foolish, we're shite if we don't press, so we still have to press, but from a deeper starting position
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

I agree to a point with Southern , you to have to give Palace credit. For 40 mins we've played aswell as we have all season but the following 50 were as bad as we have played.
    Palace were never going to be as bad but we didn't do ourselves any favours at all and its becoming an irritating trait of this team to take their foot off the gas when in a comfortable position. It needs eradicating sharpish.
    Palace played well, Olise looks like a good prospect.

Allison was bought for what he did today, to be a difference maker. That's what needs to change in midfield this summer, we need that quality that makes the difference.
    The more I watch him the more I'd like us to buy Declan Rice, he's their driving force in the middle and stabilises things. Basically everything we are currently lacking.

Imagine Rice and Bellingham. Insane that.

Imagine us having £200m to spend on midfielders

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Imagine us having £200m to spend on midfielders
    😔

Don't know if it was mentioned on the thread earlier or if it's been brought up before but how effing annoying is this late offside flag debacle becoming?
    How long are they going to wait to change it?
    Maybe when a goalkeeper or defende gets a major injury, then they might think about how ridiculous it is. I get its for the benefit of VAR/the attacker but when its blatantly obvious ot really shouldn't need to be delayed.

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    Id like a bunch of naked women in my bedroom. but thats more likely than us signing anyone in jan
    In my dreams at Mart's Mansion they'd have short skirts and black boots on....OOOOO yeah mama!!...