Page 29 of 61 FirstFirst ... 1922232425262728293031323334353639 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Thread : Crystal Palace v Liverpool

True but it could also be said, as has been mentioned, that our second goal acted as a trigger for complacency to set in to our play and for them to change the way they were playing.
    So it’s all ifs and buts. I still think we would have done enough to win the game, whatever happened with those decisions.

That’s fine but I don’t think it’s a stretch to say Palace deserved something from the game. They made us look like a pub side at times.

Have to credit them too. They can play well in patches and our midfield is lemon

You pretty much know when the manager is openly thanking the keeper for "saving our arses" live on TV, that we didn't really deserve 3 points.

Either way - so glad we got them that was all that mattered after City dropped 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    I think we as Liverpool fans have ot ask 2 questions.

1.If we were a goal down at Anfield and Palace get our second goal - with a player challenging for the ball in an offside position - under current rules and with VAR technology, would we feel aggrieved?

2. If we were 2:1 down at Home to Palace and they got the Jota penalty, would we feel aggrieved?

Regardless of the numerous good chances Palace had - if we just focus on those 2 key moments, I believe most will conclude we scored 1 legit goal.
    Some of us would be claiming a nonsensical conspiracy to ensure city win the league.

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    It was just another shocking decision by Premier League officials. The Newcastle non penalty was absolutely ridiculous yesterday.
    The only positive on both yesterday’s and today’s shocking decisions is that neither made a difference to the result.
    Apart from on Talkshite - "controversial last minute penalty to win the game"
    "...and my inch is like a freight train, so I only use it in self defence"

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    That's like saying he stole something so it's fine to steal somethign from him and many other examples

It's not ok, and you should complain the standard of officials even with the tech VAR etc, is shocking and needs to be improved

that penalty was the softest jokest of a pen going hahaha unreal even with VAR
    It's not the same at all.
    "...and my inch is like a freight train, so I only use it in self defence"

Quote Originally Posted by vin View Post
    It's not the same at all.
    Well don't complain next time something goes against us if you think that's fine

I guess we should just not care and accept the standard of officials instead
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

Some salient points from TIA

“Be very clear: the only reason Liverpool were winning and not losing after an hour is because of the man wearing the gloves.

“His save from Mateta, one on one in the first half, was absolutely elite. Beyond world class. And the offside flag going up afterwards doesn’t change that, only the fact that if it had been Adrian in goal instead, it’d still have been 1-0 after a VAR review.

“Another from Edouard was superb, then Mateta tried to round him and finish. Both were denied, as was his lunatic, lightning-reflex stop from a four-yard backheel.

“Even Ali can’t stop a two-on-one every time though.

“Man of the Match whatever might have happened later, but his tip around the post from an attempted lob was maybe the best of the lot.”

I mean Alisson has been HUGE for us.

Virgil made a big difference to confidence - but our win ratio didn’t really change that much. It was the capture of Alisson that ultimately turned those draws into wins and those losses into draws.

On form - he is just epic. The one v one has become a 50/50 chance for the oppo. Take a look back at so many games in the 97 and 99 point seasons. He was worth 15/20 points.

Christ it is highly likely that we are only in this seasons CL because of his winner!

What a signing

Why is it when something goes in our favour its put under a microscope , yet when Man-city get given a win at Wolves for a nonexistant penalty its FINE? We were winning the game 2-1 at the time. Man-city were level and won the game 1-0.

There is an agenda against us. You just need to look at the Tv Schedule for that.. Burnley get to play on the Tuesday we get to play on the Thursday against Leicester then we have Burnley away on the Sunday. Its all about making us tired so we drop points and then everyone else is GLEEFUL.. And mancity are going for their 4 title in 5 years and they still get to play first before us. meaning we are always behind in points.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century