Page 31 of 61 FirstFirst ... 2124252627282930313233343536373841 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Thread : Crystal Palace v Liverpool

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    It seems you've missed my point

"Until it's sorted"

Well accepting shite like that is not going to get it sorted any quicker, just because it's in favour of us doesn't make it right, and vice-versa.

Also for a neutral fan that killed the game too, otherwise it would of been a good end,. (for everyone else but us)
    I didn't say it made it right. It's still not the same as your "stealing" example.
    "...and my inch is like a freight train, so I only use it in self defence"

Quote Originally Posted by vin View Post
    Ah...been so long, I had forgotten
    haha good one.

Seriously though - we don't need to make so many if they are of that standard. 1 or 2 a season is enough as long as it doesn't always come at the cost of losing a major asset to fund it.

https://liverpooloffside.sbnation.co...ints-post-shot
    Last edited by Steveo; 24th January 2022 at 12:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    I think we as Liverpool fans have ot ask 2 questions.

1.If we were a goal down at Anfield and Palace get our second goal - with a player challenging for the ball in an offside position - under current rules and with VAR technology, would we feel aggrieved?

2. If we were 2:1 down at Home to Palace and they got the Jota penalty, would we feel aggrieved?

Regardless of the numerous good chances Palace had - if we just focus on those 2 key moments, I believe most will conclude we scored 1 legit goal.
    1 what are the rules exactly? In an offside position and interfering with the keeper ?

Dont think Bobby interfered with the keeper as the rules are interpreted and didn't touch the ball.
    Think we've had a similar one earlier in the season.
    The key here I believe is interfering with the keeper and not any defender.

2) looking at it, Guaita is out of control as he's sliding and gets nothing on the ball and collides with Jota impeding his progress.

It's one you often see given where the attacker dinks it past the keeper, gets the contact and the penalty.

They can feel annoying but the keeper has to get the ball first.
    In this case he's slid into jota making a tackle, gets none of the ball and gets jota.

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    Why is it when something goes in our favour its put under a microscope , yet when Man-city get given a win at Wolves for a nonexistant penalty its FINE? We were winning the game 2-1 at the time. Man-city were level and won the game 1-0.

There is an agenda against us. You just need to look at the Tv Schedule for that.. Burnley get to play on the Tuesday we get to play on the Thursday against Leicester then we have Burnley away on the Sunday. Its all about making us tired so we drop points and then everyone else is GLEEFUL.. And mancity are going for their 4 title in 5 years and they still get to play first before us. meaning we are always behind in points.
    Their owners have huge commercial interests and advertise within the media. They get a very easy pass from the media, look how little taglines get added to their media coverage.

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    1 what are the rules exactly? In an offside position and interfering with the keeper ?

Dont think Bobby interfered with the keeper as the rules are interpreted and didn't touch the ball.
    Think we've had a similar one earlier in the season.
    The key here I believe is interfering with the keeper and not any defender.

2) looking at it, Guaita is out of control as he's sliding and gets nothing on the ball and collides with Jota impeding his progress.

It's one you often see given where the attacker dinks it past the keeper, gets the contact and the penalty.

They can feel annoying but the keeper has to get the ball first.
    In this case he's slid into jota making a tackle, gets none of the ball and gets jota.
    The ball has gone and Jota collides with the keeper even changing the direction of his run, he was never getting to that ball. I'm not having that being a penalty at all.
    People will do well to remember this next time something similar goes against us.
    19 pointed out the WH first goal incident against Ali which is one that we all felt aggrieved on so maybe its evened out that?

It's not a penalty, we got extremely fortunate and it was a bad decision
    "...and my inch is like a freight train, so I only use it in self defence"

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    The ball has gone and Jota collides with the keeper even changing the direction of his run, he was never getting to that ball. I'm not having that being a penalty at all.
    People will do well to remember this next time something similar goes against us.
    19 pointed out the WH first goal incident against Ali which is one that we all felt aggrieved on so maybe its evened out that?
    Sliding tackle in the box, fail to get the ball and get the man. That's a foul. It's one keepers run the risk of each year.

Seen plenty of them given over the years, striker dinks it past the keeper and if they don't get a hand on it, penalty.

You can feel its dirty but it's upto the keeper to get the ball first in those circumstances.

Guaita makes the error and your Jota ran into him is erroneous as the keeper has committed himself by going to ground.
    If your sliding around on the ground you are the one whose culpable for contact.

You have no defense when you're gone to ground and sliding about. You make that decision you live with it.

Quote Originally Posted by vin View Post
    I didn't say it made it right. It's still not the same as your "stealing" example.
    2 wrongs don't make a right though does it?

maybe it's not the same way as you've put it and your context of it, but it is the same with the context of what i've said love.
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

Also tees which goal are you talking about re west ham ? The one that went down as an Alisson own goal ?