Page 32 of 61 FirstFirst ... 2225262728293031323334353637383942 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Thread : Crystal Palace v Liverpool

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    2 wrongs don't make a right though does it?

maybe it's not the same way as you've put it and your context of it, but it is mine love.
    Who said it made anything right?
    "...and my inch is like a freight train, so I only use it in self defence"

Quote Originally Posted by vin View Post
    Who said it made anything right?
    Which is my original point, it needs to be looked into, can't just complain when things go against us, that was a god awful decision, just because bad decisions happen to us, doesn't make it right........... my whole point

Shouldn't this thread be locked anyway?

I'm not sure why it's so hard to understand? but we'll leave it there.
    Last edited by Kev0909; 24th January 2022 at 01:03 PM.
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

19X
    Did we concede a goal this season where an attacker was offside in front of goal (6yard line and central) and arguably distracting Alisson but when their other lad scored the goal stood as the offside players was deemed to not have distracted Alisson.

I believe, open to correction that this rule applies to keepers being visibly distracted. Whereas with defender it doesn't apply.

Palace goal although it was legal I dont think it should count.

Edouard was offside when the ball was played to his team mate Mateta.

I know in current rules it isnt offside but he has gained an advantage of 1-2 yards.

VAR only really works on offsides everything else is just an opinion of a human.

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    Palace goal although it was legal I dont think it should count.

Edouard was offside when the ball was played to his team mate Mateta.

I know in current rules it isnt offside but he has gained an advantage of 1-2 yards.

VAR only really works on offsides everything else is just an opinion of a human.
    The rules change too often. Like Salahs handball in the build up would NOT have counted last season under those rules but stood this season due to rules being changed.

I have it in my mind that for Bobby, he's not offside as although he is offside and tries to play the ball, he isn't deemed offside as he didn't distract the keeper.

Had the keeper ran out or made a movement to attend to Bobby, then Bobby would have been offside.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post

1.If we were a goal down at Anfield and Palace get our second goal - with a player challenging for the ball in an offside position - under current rules and with VAR technology, would we feel aggrieved?
    Forget the hypothetical scoreline and location - the question works by itself

1) I would feel mildly aggrieved but accept it was a fine goal. I would also be unsure as to what the exact rule is and it wouldn't be a great injustice either way.
    (By the way, the defender wasn't really affected by Firmino - he was next placed to call it offside, turn around and face the other attacker if he wanted to)

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    2. If we were 2:1 down at Home to Palace and they got the Jota penalty, would we feel aggrieved?
    I would feel mildly aggrieved but the goalie still clattered into the attacker without getting near the ball. So I would accept it was understandable to a degree and that many softer penalties have been given against us without much controversy. So I would recognise my feelings were not worth the effort, given the ambiguity.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    The ball has gone and Jota collides with the keeper even changing the direction of his run, he was never getting to that ball.
    Imagine it had happened just outside the box - the keeper came out and stopped Jota moving forward (Jota had cleverly dummied his contact with the ball by an act of incompetence - don't matter) and was no way near to catching the ball with his hands.

The goalie would have been sent off (stopping the last man on goal).
    (I'm still fucked off about Hyypia been sent off at Old Trafford for last man on goal rule, additional to the penalty which was awarded, when he was trying to clear the ball more or less same distance from the goal line as Jota was).

When people say 'its not a penalty for me', I find they often overlook the fact that a foul has taken place.

I see what CCTV / Steveo are saying I think Firmino should be offside as the Palace left back isnt to know he is offside so has to deal with him.

The rules might be correct in that it is not keeper going for it.

If that pen was given against us I wouldnt be happy id say its a 75-25 in favour of defending team.

Refs/VAR are never going to be 100% no system in any sport is and its impossible to do.

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    1 what are the rules exactly? In an offside position and interfering with the keeper ?

Dont think Bobby interfered with the keeper as the rules are interpreted and didn't touch the ball.
    Think we've had a similar one earlier in the season.
    The key here I believe is interfering with the keeper and not any defender.

2) looking at it, Guaita is out of control as he's sliding and gets nothing on the ball and collides with Jota impeding his progress.

It's one you often see given where the attacker dinks it past the keeper, gets the contact and the penalty.

They can feel annoying but the keeper has to get the ball first.
    In this case he's slid into jota making a tackle, gets none of the ball and gets jota.
    The defender and keeper are drawn to defend Bobby who is offside so he is absolutely affecting play.

No way that goal can stand against us without a meltdown in here. The officials made a mistake, it’s quite clear.

The penalty is also clearly not a penalty.

The collision happens as Jota moves away from the ball and into the keeper. Reminds me of Arry Kane
    Last edited by Steveo; 24th January 2022 at 02:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Taksin View Post
    Forget the hypothetical scoreline and location - the question works by itself

1) I would feel mildly aggrieved but accept it was a fine goal. I would also be unsure as to what the exact rule is and it wouldn't be a great injustice either way.
    (By the way, the defender wasn't really affected by Firmino - he was next placed to call it offside, turn around and face the other attacker if he wanted to)

I would feel mildly aggrieved but the goalie still clattered into the attacker without getting near the ball. So I would accept it was understandable to a degree and that many softer penalties have been given against us without much controversy. So I would recognise my feelings were not worth the effort, given the ambiguity.
    Come on Taksin. Forget mildly. You would surely be aggrieved in both cases because neither were justifiable outcomes. Not if the rules are interpreted correctly.

Bobby is interfering with both keeper and defender both in terms of line of sight AND more importantly - positioning - and Jota moves away from the ball which has gone - and into the keeper. The keeper cannot get to the ball because of the collision.
    Last edited by Steveo; 24th January 2022 at 02:28 PM.