Page 38 of 61 FirstFirst ... 2831323334353637383940414243444548 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Thread : Crystal Palace v Liverpool

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    It wasn't as clear cut as the Andy Carrol one was it, where he grabbed his hand. Could have been given in our favour I suppose.
    Thought it was an offside example.
    It was clear cut all day long CCTV, his arm moves in an entirely unnatural position, back into Big Bear, it is moved that way quite deliberately to impeded the keeper and he does this without getting a touch on the ball, it is a foul all day long, a very clear foul

It is a myth that you have to put your arms up to jump in the first place, you don't have to, I know this because having accidentally twatted a few people jumping, I worked hard at jumping without raising my arms as most players do and you can do it and jump as high not raising your arms

Edit: Watch Virgil, he has the technique for it, you use the shoulders the same, but your arms don't go up or out, Virgil does it as though he is pushing down onto some imaginary box in front of him to push himself up, and that pretty much is the technique, you're lifting your shoulders then pushing them down, while spring with your thighs and calves and using your midrift muscle all together to get spring
    Last edited by Nineteenx; 24th January 2022 at 06:14 PM.
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

I'm not reading those last 5 pages of guff that has been written, but...
    I watched the highlights today and if you look at what referee Kevin Friend was looking at on the VAR monitor, which is from the camera that was placed directly behind their goalie, you can see why he gave the penalty to Liverpool.
    And thus so, it's a penalty in my opinion and correct decision by VAR to get the ref to check his on field monitor.
    Go to the 7 minute mark on this highlight video link...

https://player.streamkora.com/player/html/HGyQHS785nzb5?popup=fromblocked&autoplay=1

By the way, this new offside rule has been around since before VAR. Before VAR, the linesman had to decide based on the flow of play. In the flow of that play, I had no inkling that Bobby was off side. It just looked like a great cross to a player who was onside and who was able to convert despite the goalie and a defender being in a good position.

This debate is only because of slow mo replays - I think the ref can be said to have followed the spirit of the law. It wasn't even in question at the time was it?

Quote Originally Posted by justincredible View Post
    I'm not reading those last 5 pages of guff that has been written, but...
    I watched the highlights today and if you look at what referee Kevin Friend was looking at on the VAR monitor, which is from the camera that was placed directly behind their goalie, you can see why he gave the penalty to Liverpool.
    And thus so, it's a penalty in my opinion and correct decision by VAR to get the ref to check his on field monitor.
    Go to the 7 minute mark on this highlight video link...

https://player.streamkora.com/player/html/HGyQHS785nzb5?popup=fromblocked&autoplay=1
    You're not allowed to just come on here and comment without reading all the guff, Justin

Let's hope we benefit from many more "Spirit's of the law"

Quote Originally Posted by Taksin View Post
    You're not allowed to just come on here and comment without reading all the guff, Justin
    I'm sure I'll get around to it over the next two weeks Taksin me auld mucker, lol...

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    It was clear cut all day long CCTV, his arm moves in an entirely unnatural position, back into Big Bear, it is moved that way quite deliberately to impeded the keeper and he does this without getting a touch on the ball, it is a foul all day long, a very clear foul

It is a myth that you have to put your arms up to jump in the first place, you don't have to, I know this because having accidentally twatted a few people jumping, I worked hard at jumping without raising my arms as most players do and you can do it and jump as high not raising your arms

Edit: Watch Virgil, he has the technique for it, you use the shoulders the same, but your arms don't go up or out, Virgil does it as though he is pushing down onto some imaginary box in front of him to push himself up, and that pretty much is the technique, you're lifting your shoulders then pushing them down, while spring with your thighs and calves and using your midrift muscle all together to get spring
    Iirc big bear was a bit weak and could have gone with his right fist having come out for the cross.
    Could have been given in his favour but it stood.

Just looked at Justins link and Clattenburg is wrong. Bobby actually pulls out of the attempt, much as those offside players do when they decide to just run over the ball and leave it to the other attacker

I'm less convinced about my own opinion that Jota didn't move towards the keeper on purpose, however. It looks different to me based on whether you're behind him or in front of him. Either way, CCTV point seems to prevail, the goalie slides into him which isn't allowed

This is interesting - and it is as I have suggested VAR absolutely IS subjective and THIS is the problem.

https://www.skysports.com/watch/vide...offside/more/3

Quote Originally Posted by Taksin View Post
    Just looked at Justins link and Clattenburg is wrong. Bobby actually pulls out of the attempt, much as those offside players do when they decide to just run over the ball and leave it to the other attacker

I'm less convinced about my own opinion that Jota didn't move towards the keeper on purpose, however. It looks different to me based on whether you're behind him or in front of him. Either way, CCTV point seems to prevail, the goalie slides into him which isn't allowed
    I am 100% convinced that you are in denial. And I aint talking about Egypt.

You clearly just found out about the rule that says IF you go for the ball you are active. If you are active and offside you are offside.

VAR assistants make mistakes - we benefitted... the end