Page 41 of 61 FirstFirst ... 3134353637383940414243444546474851 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Thread : Crystal Palace v Liverpool

Quote Originally Posted by huyrob View Post
    What’s a “token jump” ?
    Bloody hell you must have some telly and the eyes of a kestrel if you knew it was going over Bobbies head from the moment it was hit !
    It's another of my many things I can do and think is normal, that normal people don't believe because it isn't

Despite all the shite that has happened to me, pretty much exclusively through being attacked, exploited or abuse by normal or neurotypical people because I have a great many capabilities and abilities they will never have, because I'm very different, I still consider myself incredibly fortunate to have such incredible abilities and to have had experiences and I have had through those extraordinary abilities - They're a blessing and a curse, but they're only really a cruse because most neurotypical people are pricks to be fair
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by fiordearg View Post
    What an outstanding month. Without our two best forwards we went unbeaten in January and got to a final. Jota has shown he can lead the forward line.
    Jota has been superb, hugely underrated and under appreciated by some in here.

I heard Danny Murphy on Talksoort today. They were talking about the word ‘ubiquitous’ and asked him if he knew what it meant, because none of them did.

He said ‘yes, it means “exceptional and very unusual talent”

It doesn’t surprise me that he thought it was offside. But the rule is there to make a token jump, as 19x called it, a non-qualifier for involvement.

The rules that Steveo quoted show that the goal was right to stand, or at the very least there is a strong shout to say it should have stood.

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Danny Murphy Oh best laugh I've had here since CCTV claimed Gomez was a top class defender and produced a bucket load of meaningless stats to try and make him appear to be one
    .....when you've just took a look at a YouTube video and made the decision that Bentancur would be a massive upgrade on Fab. Bentancur, a player you've never seen play.
    Lay off the glue.

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    It's another of my many things I can do and think is normal, that normal people don't believe because it isn't

Despite all the shite that has happened to me, pretty much exclusively through being attacked, exploited or abuse by normal or neurotypical people because I have a great many capabilities and abilities they will never have, because I'm very different, I still consider myself incredibly fortunate to have such incredible abilities and to have had experiences and I have had through those extraordinary abilities - They're a blessing and a curse, but they're only really a cruse because most neurotypical people are pricks to be fair
    Have you ever thought of writing a book? Or a movie? Something like Big Fish?

Are you married Taksin?

I only ask because you seem incapable of admitting when you are wrong. It can cause big problems.

I mean here we have rules clearly stated. We have referees on the record stating that Bobby is offside and interfering and that the goal should not stand yet you continue to try and force your very square peg of misunderstanding into a very round hole.

BTW - I mentioned that TalkSPORT was anti Liverpool to Murphy and he did smile knowingly.

I personally cannot listen to it - they do have an agenda
    Last edited by Steveo; 25th January 2022 at 12:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by fiordearg View Post
    What an outstanding month. Without our two best forwards we went unbeaten in January and got to a final. Jota has shown he can lead the forward line.
    We still urgently needed a CM to replace Gini this month as the press and counter press is all over the place, that's why we're not able to control games and most of them end up resembling a basketball game

Excellent that Jota was able to take on the mantle and deliver the goals and that Oxlade was also able to produce and deliver as part of the front 3 as he has whenever called upon to play there

Here's hoping we will be working on the pressing and counter pressing in training in these 2 weeks, it desperately needs work and it is very rare we get the opportunity to do such work with our normal schedule and that Jota stepping up and raising his levels and no doubt his confidence and self belief in the process sees him go on a phenomenal runs of delivering the goods when Mo and Mane are back creating more space for him

I'm hoping we're working these next 2 weeks, as I put our dire performance against a well understrength Leicester dwe should have comfortably dispatched own to our cancellation and the players having too much free time and relaxing a little too much with their families over Christmas, not having a game, those Christmas drinks could well cost us a title

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    .....when you've just took a look at a YouTube video and made the decision that Bentancur would be a massive upgrade on Fab. Bentancur, a player you've never seen play.
    Lay off the glue.
    Not at all, you can see he is better at certain things even in a youtube

He takes positions off other players around him far better than Fab, it's something fab is really poor at, you can see if midfielders are any good at it by viewing 10 or more instances of such situations on a youtube and seeing how they position themselves - There are 3 or 4 instances of him doing exactly what Hendo or Gini would have done, take a great position, so they are covering 2 or 3 eventualities, and waiting a second or two to see how it develops then stepping in if they need to, these are the situations Fab often leaves us wide open charging into when he needs to hold a position, as I have commented on numerous times

Recovery pace, watch Fab in a game when the play goes past him, when he gets done by his poor positioning and reading of the game he is out of the game, he doesn't even sprint back, he jogs back, this lad is quicker and sprints back intelligently as fast as he fucking can, as Hendo, Gini or Milner would

He's an actual midfielder Tees, not a RB converted to a DM in his mid twenties

Intelligent sprinting.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Intelligent sprinting.
    Yes, there are players who charge back unintelligently just to get back, just to be a number, not to where the source of the danger they could prevent is were they to apply intelligence to their urgency - If you don't see that happen as frequently as I see it in football games, you really do need to give up Steveo