Page 8 of 24 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141518 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 239

Thread: Luis Diaz

  1. #71
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    25,018
    He's going to score 2 or 3 in a single match one of these days. He is doing so much of the right stuff, just needs the finishes.

    Reminds me a little of Suarez in....would it have been the 11/12 season? We were hitting the woodwork constantly and Suarez was very narrowly missing opportunities all the time before he became an absolute killer in front of goal.

  2. #72
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    49,898
    Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    He's going to score 2 or 3 in a single match one of these days. He is doing so much of the right stuff, just needs the finishes.

    Reminds me a little of Suarez in....would it have been the 11/12 season? We were hitting the woodwork constantly and Suarez was very narrowly missing opportunities all the time before he became an absolute killer in front of goal.
    I certainly hope so, hitting things quicker and/or first time would help him, he seems to take a little too long with some chances, possibly because he's used to a slower league, and then his efforts get blocked or saved, practicing his finishing like Mo did relentlessly when at Roma would help him, because technique wise, he gets some attempted finishes very wrong
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

  3. #73
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    49,898
    While he's practicing his finishing, quite important he practices knowing where he is in front of goal and taking his chances first time, on last night's game the late chance, just no way he can take a touch there, needs to be slotting that first time past the keeper, he's done it with a few of his other opportunities, needs educating that in the Prem and Champions League, you don't have time for a touch in the area when those chances come your way, by the time you've taken a touch you'll be tackled or someone will have got there to block
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

  4. #74
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Around
    Posts
    5,128
    Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    While he's practicing his finishing, quite important he practices knowing where he is in front of goal and taking his chances first time, on last night's game the late chance, just no way he can take a touch there, needs to be slotting that first time past the keeper, he's done it with a few of his other opportunities, needs educating that in the Prem and Champions League, you don't have time for a touch in the area when those chances come your way, by the time you've taken a touch you'll be tackled or someone will have got there to block
    Harsh. Vidal's block at the end of the game was phenomenal defending.
    Something, Something, Something, Dark Side

  5. #75
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    49,898
    Quote Originally Posted by jozza800 View Post
    Harsh. Vidal's block at the end of the game was phenomenal defending.
    Not really harsh, it was there to be side footed home first time, he didn't need to take a touch and a phenomenal as MOTM Vidal's block was, he shouldn't have been given any opportunity to make it
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

  6. #76
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    34,343
    Absolutely brilliant signing for £37m. What a player he is going to be for us. Genuine pace, brilliant dribbling skills, incredible first touch and superb work ethic, covered the greatest distance of all 20 outfield players on the pitch today.
    He also is the best at bringing team mates into the game and linking play of the four forwards who played today.

    Fantastic yet again from our recruitment team, so glad we didn’t miss our on him to another Prem team.

    What a player.

  7. #77
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    26,806
    Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Absolutely brilliant signing for £37m. What a player he is going to be for us. Genuine pace, brilliant dribbling skills, incredible first touch and superb work ethic, covered the greatest distance of all 20 outfield players on the pitch today.
    He also is the best at bringing team mates into the game and linking play of the four forwards who played today.

    Fantastic yet again from our recruitment team, so glad we didn’t miss our on him to another Prem team.

    What a player.
    He's no Luke Shaw

  8. #78
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    everywhere and nowhere
    Posts
    5,124
    Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    He's no Luke Shaw
    nor Slab Head

  9. #79
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    26,806
    Quote Originally Posted by redebreck View Post
    nor Slab Head
    I concur

  10. #80
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    49,898
    Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Absolutely brilliant signing for £37m. What a player he is going to be for us. Genuine pace, brilliant dribbling skills, incredible first touch and superb work ethic, covered the greatest distance of all 20 outfield players on the pitch today.
    He also is the best at bringing team mates into the game and linking play of the four forwards who played today.

    Fantastic yet again from our recruitment team, so glad we didn’t miss our on him to another Prem team.

    What a player.
    Absolutely, a superb signing, needs a little direction and some minor tweaks on movement and runs in behind, his goal was his only one, has a tendency to come short a bit too often, when he can be making a run (inside out mostly) in behind or to take players away from Robbo and open up the space and possibilities instead of reducing them, but that'll all come with more games

    So pleased he got his goal today, the chance later on I think he was trying to square the ball, but trying to be too cute and take their keeper and defender completely out of the game to put it on a plate by squaring it right at the last minute, when he didn't need to and could have just put it on a plate earlier

    He makes constant movement and runs like Mo and Mane used to and his relentless movement and running and getting back to take the ball of opposition players and give it one of ours and go again is reminiscent of how Bobby used to play too
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •