Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171821 ... LastLast

Thread: Luis Diaz

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    true, I wonder what would have happened if the ball had missed the goal?..i somehow think we wouldnt have been given the penalty.
    Don't know but great to have someone like that on board!

true, I wonder what would have happened if the ball had missed the goal?..i somehow think we wouldnt have been given the penalty.
    Outside the box?

Think he has had a great start to his Liverpool career. But i hope Jurgen and some senior players have a word with him about diving. and the culture here in Liverpool. that was embarrassing yesterday.
    I know Mo Salah and Sadio sometimes 'go down a bit easily' but Luis yesterday was cringey.

Quote Originally Posted by faridtoxteth View Post
    Think he has had a great start to his Liverpool career. But i hope Jurgen and some senior players have a word with him about diving. and the culture here in Liverpool. that was embarrassing yesterday.
    I know Mo Salah and Sadio sometimes 'go down a bit easily' but Luis yesterday was cringey.
    I think that was the culture shock of the FA Cup Farid

We made hard work of it, but it was officiated as though it was a Championship game and that was a great leveler for Forest, you don't really get away with thta degree of constant grabbing, holding and dragging back players in the Prem, you're lucky not to get booked for the first time you do it

For a lot of the instances you're saying Diaz dived, he was trying to run and create, and he'd been held, pulled, dragged back for some distance before going to ground, in the Prem, players don't get away with that level of persistent fouling

How many time in the Prem do we see a player try to make a run and at the first little tug to stop them going the player just stops and the ref gives a free and quite often books the players for the tug?

I like us mixing it up, I demand it, and moan about our not doing it, but Diaz wasn't his so far brilliant 'self' yesterday, maybe disturbed by playing in his less favoured RFWD position for a good spell v Arsenal, I think playing him predominantly at LFWD and false 9 being the variation is probably best to keep him going on the upward trajectory
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

I was only referring to that one very theatrical embarrassing dive. I thought he was going to get carded for it. Don't want to stereotype South Americans but it seems in their culture it is considered a normal part of the game.
    A lot of people in the media, neutrals, have been waxing lyrical about Luis Diaz and his potential, but that will evaporate quickly if he is perceived as a diver. There is a racist element too. He is south american. Luis Suarez was also eventually considered to be a dirty player and a diver. He got fouled a lot, didn't dive nearly as much as Grealish or Maddison (the worst). They are English. The Engerland coaching staff openly talked about bringing on Grealish to win free kicks round the box.

It's not just a South American sing; Porto earlier in the season spent most of the match on their arses. It's a cultural thing in many European leagues. Hopefully, he will learn from those around him.
    I bet you can squeal like a pig!

To be fair a lot of English players dive.. Sterling Kane Maddison Vardy etc
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

To be fair a lot of English players dive.. Sterling Kane Maddison Vardy etc
    And maybe even Gerard?

Yeah Gerrard at times..I watched Diaz. so far hes not gone down easily..Maybe a little last evening..but nothing bad
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Yeah Gerrard at times..I watched Diaz. so far hes not gone down easily..Maybe a little last evening..but nothing bad
    He did not go down under challenge for that Brighton goal. That says enough for me this far. Perhaps jurgen said great goal but don't do it again - you risked serious injury!