Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2567891011121314151617181922 ... LastLast

Thread: Luis Diaz

Bagged a very nice goal last night/early hours of this morning, LFWD is definitely his best position
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

We're all in for a treat btw, we haven't seen anything yet, wait until Luis gets properly settled, this boy scores some special special goals and does some very special things

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    We're all in for a treat btw, we haven't seen anything yet, wait until Luis gets properly settled, this boy scores some special special goals and does some very special things
    Watching his highlights from his Porto time is a treat.

Suspect he'll need to (slightly) adjust into the habit of taking opportunities more quickly due to the increased Tempo on these shores, but certainly don't foresee that being a problem for him - such a gifted player.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Watching his highlights from his Porto time is a treat.

Suspect he'll need to (slightly) adjust into the habit of taking opportunities more quickly due to the increased Tempo on these shores, but certainly don't foresee that being a problem for him - such a gifted player.
    Some of his best finishes at Porto were very instinctive and first time, so far for us he seems to want a little longer than he's got at times, or has badly miscued when attempting his trademark top corner from the edge of the box finishes, I think he'll be banging them in with more time, because he doesn't take too long on his Porto highlights and scores some incredible goals

Yes. His first 10 games or so with us should be treated as a pre-season of sorts before we get to see the real Luis Díaz in full flow. What a signing he's going to be!

He has been an incredible signing already, everyone has contributed so far, but I just think his signing and how quickly he settled and started contributing and that it allowed other players to have a bit more rest gave everyone an absolutely huge lift

I wonder if he regrets picking us over Spurs

Seriously though, the results that he and the team have had must be beyond even his wildest expectations.
    I bet you can squeal like a pig!

Quote Originally Posted by southernboy View Post
    I wonder if he regrets picking us over Spurs

Seriously though, the results that he and the team have had must be beyond even his wildest expectations.
    The play yesterday where he brought it down in a small space and dribbled through two city players..was like a knife through butter. . And he gets fouled and gets on with it.. Thats good to see. No antics.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    The play yesterday where he brought it down in a small space and dribbled through two city players..was like a knife through butter. . And he gets fouled and gets on with it.. Thats good to see. No antics.
    Super super signing thus far!

Great goal, the first of many against the filthy and a lovely assist last night

Last edited by Nineteenx; 20th April 2022 at 10:19 AM.