Page 13 of 24 FirstFirst ... 36789101112131415161718192023 ... LastLast

Thread: Luis Diaz

Quote Originally Posted by southernboy View Post
    I wonder if he regrets picking us over Spurs
    With us playing them soon I am delighted he is on our side.

As good as we are, having Kane, Son and Diaz running at you on a counter could cause any side some bother.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

3 or 4 very excellent demonstrations of playing the percentages in his short time on the pitch v the bitters, a very necessary skill and attribute that leads to scoring more goals and having more opportunities to score and also opportunities to take the pressure off if you find yourself penned in or under the kosh
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

I loved the play where he controlled the ball with the back of his heel.. but the more impressive thing was the run after it.. Straight to the byline in the box. rather than waiting, by slowing the play or passing the ball backwards.. That kind of decisive play is what is best against deep laying teams.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    I loved the play where he controlled the ball with the back of his heel.. but the more impressive thing was the run after it.. Straight to the byline in the box. rather than waiting, by slowing the play or passing the ball backwards.. That kind of decisive play is what is best against deep laying teams.
    I agree and against teams who play like us too if you can find that player in isolation

One of his 'playing the percentages' was from that run I believe, got to the near post area, there was no pass on, so fired a shot at the keeper he could well have let through him or parried across goal to one of our players

Fantastic from Luis again, he also has the best switches and crossfield balls in our entire squad after Hendo and Trent Some great playmaking ability

Another great display tonight, STILL desperately needs to do what Mo did when at Roma, get a full size goal in his back garden and relentlessly practice his finishing as he should be scoring more now from the positions he's getting in now he's settled

Still, he did put one on an absolute plate for all fur coat and no knickers he failed to convert

I still have no fucking idea WHATSOEVER why Jurgen didn't start him at the Eithad

Fucking brilliant, you have to see this, from 9 minutes

Jurgen on Diaz's performance, funny as fuck

"What a boy, what a story, what a player.............but he should have scored"

I like from 5 mins and 14 seconds.

Klopp:
    “I said to Thiago after the game, if I’d known what a player you were, I would have signed you 4 years earlier.”

Yes Jurgen, and we would probably be going for number 21 and number 8!

Diaz was superb but yes, he needs to finish a little more often. But of late he has been our main threat. He has been a revelation.

He terrorises the opposition.
    Last edited by Steveo; 15th May 2022 at 02:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    I like from 5 mins and 14 seconds.

Klopp:
    “I said to Thiago after the game, if I’d known what a player you were, I would have signed you 4 years earlier.”
    As selective as your critique of players during the match threads, and what did Thiago say? "You taught me how to run"

As ever, we can trust Miller to give a very honest appraisal of the game which no-one thinks he has an ulterior motive for, and, he absolutely nails it as ever

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Alisson my motm, absolutely faultless for 120 minutes.
    Followed by an excellent display at both ends of the pitch by Trent.
    Best midfielder was Henderson for me, other two were pretty anonymous, particularly Keita who just isn’t up to it and should be part exed for a proper midfielder who actually influences the game. Thiago on the biggest stage with a chance to shine… didn’t. Couple of decent touches/passes cancelled out by gifting the ball to the opponents.
    Konate continues to prove what a bargain he was.

So so pleased for Tsimikas who comes in and plays so very well every single time he’s called upon.
    He will be one very happy Greek Scouser tonight!!!

Trent now the youngest ever player to win EVERYTHING.

“I’m so glad that Jurgen is a red…..”
    Anyway, away from here with your Thiago nonsense, I only mentioned him here because Diaz put one on a plate for him

So Miller who wanted Thiago sold this summer is an authority for you?

Like I said to him before, thank the good lord Jurgen picks the team.

You posted the video dude and our Jurgen makes a clear statement in it that makes a bit of a nonsense of both your views: on Thiago at least.

Let it go man.

Jurgen knows his players.
    Last edited by Steveo; 15th May 2022 at 02:26 AM.