Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 111415161718192021222324 LastLast

Thread: Luis Diaz

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Diaz has gone backwards.
    *after his injury*

It happens tae th' best o' them.
    VOTE JOCKY tae fix this fiasco.

Diaz hasn’t quite hit the levels we saw after arriving half way through the 21/22 season.

That injury was on the knee - and the club were remiss - tried in desperation to avoid an op to get him back early and it backfired massively.

I think he has done very well considering. To expect him to be back at 100% after that this season is asking too much imo.

First season minus 2 of the mainstay front 3.. Remember in Diaz’s first season he had - Salah - Mané - Bobby and Jota all in the mix. That’s some front line - this season post injury and with a totally new midfield - It has been easier for teams to double up on him.

He will get stronger and more consistent finishing will arrive - sadly probably after Klopp has departed

It doesn't look to be a fitness issue. He's got bags of energy, always tracks back and does his bit
    It's his decision making in the final third that's the crux at the moment.
    He holds onto the ball too long and I don't recall him being like that until recently. His finishing has never been great and I doubt that'll change.
    He was good in the City game but ultimately his poor finishing cost us.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    It doesn't look to be a fitness issue. He's got bags of energy, always tracks back and does his bit
    It's his decision making in the final third that's the crux at the moment.
    He holds onto the ball too long and I don't recall him being like that until recently. His finishing has never been great and I doubt that'll change.
    He was good in the City game but ultimately his poor finishing cost us.
    Possibly true but when you aren't fully at your peak (his knee can't be back to 100% after breakdown - part recover & breakdown then op + recover period) that split second more time needed at the end of a move is what is missing - and that stands between you and the perfect finish.

See Mane since leaving us and our setup. Fitness just not quite at the same level and he isn't prolific even in a joke league. 16th top scorer.. Peak fitness at this level is huge.

His stats don't lie

needs to do more

he is most over-rated player by fans.
    Last edited by Kev0909; 18th March 2024 at 12:02 PM.
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

He needs to deliver consistent end product make a lot more consistent good decisions and finish far better & stop taking too many touches when there’s no need to

Quite a few players have become problematic through wanting too many touches or too much time & we’re losing our once best in class devastating ability to be direct take the shortest route to goal when we break in as few touches as possible

In some respects trying to be tappy crappy is like a disease it creates & spreads indecision overplaying wanting too many touches & too much time

When we regularly took the shortest route to goal in open play and on the counter we had far less of these issues & we’d have scored several opportunities we’ve missed because of it that would be making a difference right now

Is 6 goals in the prem so far and what how many assists is it 2 or 4? good enough? not just this season either is it?

considering we play with a "false 9" sorta too....

Is it fuck.

Does all the work, does all the skills...... no end product, he's been very frustrating to watch lately, more than nunez when he kept missing the simple chances

how the fuck do we keep up with city when they have foden we have Diaz?

he should be scoring more the way we setup, the chances he had, mane would be in double figures already

Premier League
    Apps 263 Goals 111 now that was a proper inside forward, Diaz is not...... often overlooked because of salah.... but yeah if jota is fit he starts over diaz every game for me.
    Last edited by Kev0909; 18th March 2024 at 01:26 PM.
    #FSGOUT

Dead end Diaz....

14 goals in 57 games is not a good return from one of your main strikers...
    Adiós hermano....

he just doesn't seem to know what to do with the ball half the time when beating players and making good runs it comes to nothing.

Great player to bring off the bench, but when jota is fit I don't think he's good enough to start, great player off the bench though... he's lucky jota.... is iinjured a lot i guess.
    #FSGOUT