Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1215161718192021222324 LastLast
Results 211 to 220 of 239

Thread: Luis Diaz

  1. #211
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    51,391
    We need much better he’s not even half as good in any aspect as Mane was & Mane could play left right or No9

    He was better playing on the shoulder his first half season when we still played a false 9 with both LFWD & RFWD making runs in behind

    It was stupid to ever drop that as completely as we have, we should have retained that ability by switching to it for spells of games

  2. #212
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    24,366
    I see that little wimp of a father. is talking about Diaz going to Barca again.. Talk about having no respect. just keep your mouth shut.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

  3. #213
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    23,929
    Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    I see that little wimp of a father. is talking about Diaz going to Barca again.. Talk about having no respect. just keep your mouth shut.
    if he himself doesn't want to be here, the door is that way>>>>> I'm sure we can upgrade on him anyway.
    #FSGOUT

    we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

  4. #214
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    25,327
    Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    if he himself doesn't want to be here, the door is that way>>>>> I'm sure we can upgrade on him anyway.
    Absolutely correct.

    I thoroughly enjoy Diaz's play but he isn't irreplaceable by any means. Few really are.

  5. #215
    I feel sorry for Diaz because I think there are mitigating circumstances around the drop off in his performances this season.

    Tbf his double injury hasn't helped his fitness, the injuries to other supporting midfield players around him has also affected his link up play, his Dad’s kidnap has also had a massive impact on him personally and as good as Nunez can be, his link up play with Diaz at times can be very frustrating.

    Also, I think the comparison with Mane is not really fair, because as good as Mane was, and he was fucking brilliant, let’s not forget the significant role Firmino played in both Mane and Salah’s success….

    Now whilst it has to be said Diaz has been profligate in front of goal, just like Nunez he does create havoc up front and this needs to be taken more into account. The chaos caused by both Diaz and Nunez has resulted in all of our forward players benefiting, with all of them scoring 10+ goals each. Without this we would not be where we are right now…

    The recent FA Cup defeat apart, we are almost in April and on the whole we have been almost faultless this season, we have a trophy under our belt and if not for some real dodgy refereeing in key fixtures against our nearest challengers we could now be several points clear in the Premier League rather than being second on goal difference. The fact we are so nicely placed in the Europa League as well is just bloody epic…


    Lets just hope Diaz finishes the season with a bang and as a result we all really enjoy the last few months of whats going to be a massive and fingers crossed successful emotional rollercoaster…

  6. #216
    Join Date
    Jan 2023
    Location
    True North
    Posts
    1,316
    Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Absolutely correct.

    I thoroughly enjoy Diaz's play but he isn't irreplaceable by any means. Few really are.
    Lonely Diaz haes yer skin crawling.
    VOTE JOCKY tae fix this fiasco.

  7. #217
    Join Date
    Jan 2023
    Location
    True North
    Posts
    1,316
    Quote Originally Posted by BOBPAISLEYFAN View Post
    I feel sorry for Diaz because I think there are mitigating circumstances around the drop off in his performances this season.

    Tbf his double injury hasn't helped his fitness, the injuries to other supporting midfield players around him has also affected his link up play, his Dad’s kidnap has also had a massive impact on him personally and as good as Nunez can be, his link up play with Diaz at times can be very frustrating.

    Also, I think the comparison with Mane is not really fair, because as good as Mane was, and he was fucking brilliant, let’s not forget the significant role Firmino played in both Mane and Salah’s success….

    Now whilst it has to be said Diaz has been profligate in front of goal, just like Nunez he does create havoc up front and this needs to be taken more into account. The chaos caused by both Diaz and Nunez has resulted in all of our forward players benefiting, with all of them scoring 10+ goals each. Without this we would not be where we are right now…

    The recent FA Cup defeat apart, we are almost in April and on the whole we have been almost faultless this season, we have a trophy under our belt and if not for some real dodgy refereeing in key fixtures against our nearest challengers we could now be several points clear in the Premier League rather than being second on goal difference. The fact we are so nicely placed in the Europa League as well is just bloody epic…


    Lets just hope Diaz finishes the season with a bang and as a result we all really enjoy the last few months of whats going to be a massive and fingers crossed successful emotional rollercoaster…
    Very well put. Diaz has been excellent for us and as close to a Mane replacement as we were ever likely to get. Let's hope he helps secure us the title.
    VOTE JOCKY tae fix this fiasco.

  8. #218
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    25,327
    Quote Originally Posted by JockStrap View Post
    Lonely Diaz haes yer skin crawling.
    On the contrary. If he stays then great - he's a delight to watch.

    But he isn't irreplaceable. If Barcelona is his destination then fine - thanks for the memories, but I won't lose any sleep over it.

  9. #219
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Muineachán
    Posts
    11,027
    Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    On the contrary. If he stays then great - he's a delight to watch.

    But he isn't irreplaceable. If Barcelona is his destination then fine - thanks for the memories, but I won't lose any sleep over it.
    What you quoting ShitBot for?

  10. #220
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    34,907
    Manè irreplaceable Diaz definitely not, decision making and end product is inconsistent at best.

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •