Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst 123456789101112131417 ... LastLast

Thread: Luis Diaz

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Statistical anomalies are fun -

Luis Díaz's goal for Liverpool today was scored following a sequence of 34 uninterrupted passes, the most for any Premier League goal this season and the most by any Liverpool goal since Opta have this data available in the competition (from 2006-07) - Opta
    nice one!

Love watching him. So early in his career (with us) so we have no idea how many he will score or assist and we can't judge him fully on such a small sample, but he just makes you enjoy watching.

Has that Wasp-in-a-jar thing Suarez had, brilliant touch, lovely no-look pass to Mane during the game, he's just a treat.

Nice to have him and Jota here in terms of succession planning options for the attacking positions.

I think he needs a signature move, really

Quote Originally Posted by Taksin View Post
    I think he needs a signature move, really
    Yes I saw that in the match thread from Berk-Klopp
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

I love the lads work ethic and commitment that goes with his undoubted skill, one for Bobby, Mo and Mane to consider, but he's nicked the ball off an opposition player coming back at pace to do so, as Bobby, Mo and Mane USED TO and got a foot to the ball that seemed like a lost cause just ahead of the opposition player to go beyond them with it or win a free kick as Bobby, Mo and Mane USED TO also, far more in his few games than those 3 have managed together last season and so far in this

He has demonstrated how all three of their work ethic in respect of these things has dropped off significantly since we won the League and Champions League
    Last edited by Nineteenx; 1st March 2022 at 08:54 PM.

His signature move was when he signed for us and moved away from Tottenham.

Quote Originally Posted by faridtoxteth View Post
    His signature move was when he signed for us and moved away from Tottenham.
    Safe to say he made the right call!!!!

Casual aside, another wasted season for Sir Harold Kane, first of his name, Master of feigned contacts, Knight of dangerous play at set pieces and Father of Mouth-breathing Dragons.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

My first name on the team sheet in our front three for me

NEEDS to start putting the ball in the net more and making his final ball count more AND keeping the width on our left and linking with Robbo as brilliantly as in his first few games before it was coached out of him or he was instructed to make us really narrow, help the opposition crowd out our other forwards, full back and mid and not offer us an outball of a switch

Fantastic so far, now needs to start finding his shooting and assisting boots a lot more frequently, he's had quite a few brilliant opportunities to score and assist since his goal v Norwich and not got his finish right or not made the right decision

Possibly needs to do a Mo at Roma, have a massive back garden with a net in it and practice and practice and practice his finishing, that's what Mo did

The lads been brilliant so far, but if his finishing matched the rest of his game, he'd be absolutely sensational

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Fantastic so far, now needs to start finding his shooting and assisting boots a lot more frequently, he's had quite a few brilliant opportunities to score and assist since his goal v Norwich and not got his finish right or not made the right decision

Possibly needs to do a Mo at Roma, have a massive back garden with a net in it and practice and practice and practice his finishing, that's what Mo did

The lads been brilliant so far, but if his finishing matched the rest of his game, he'd be absolutely sensational
    This was my feeling before we signed him and i've seen nothing to differ from that assessment. If he develops his end product, he'll be unstoppable. Even if he doesn't, it's something I can live with as long as he scares defenders and puts a shift in week in, week out.
    Something, Something, Something, Dark Side