Page 9 of 24 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151619 ... LastLast

Thread: Luis Diaz

Absolute MENACE.

He's a different player to Suarez for example but he gets you damn excited to watch him.

Imagine he's going to IMPROVE as he understands the set-up and his role more. So exhilarating to think about!

Thanks Tottenham

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Absolute MENACE.

He's a different player to Suarez for example but he gets you damn excited to watch him.

Imagine he's going to IMPROVE as he understands the set-up and his role more. So exhilarating to think about!

Thanks Tottenham
    Eh, didn't we sign him for Mo ?

Totally agree 19 but considering he’s had no time with our coaches and his new team mates, what raw materials the coaching team have to work with here. His reading of the game is already pretty advanced while his speed, engine and work ethic (things you can’t coach) are very impressive. He can become anything in a year or two, genuine World Class potential.

Quote Originally Posted by redebreck View Post
    nor Slab Head
    On second thoughts, they've both scored from open play today.

At least slab head used his feet, Diaz using his head cause he's not a real footballer, like slabhead.

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    Eh, didn't we sign him for Mo ?
    Not following CCTV, sorry - expand for me?

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Not following CCTV, sorry - expand for me?
    Just a jest on the idea we signed Diaz to keep Mo happy, or show him intent from the board.

As in we didn't do it because spurs were snifing around him.

It's come up around Mo's extension saga, it's not all about dosh but investment in the squad.

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    Just a jest on the idea we signed Diaz to keep Mo happy, or show him intent from the board.

As in we didn't do it because spurs were snifing around him.

It's come up around Mo's extension saga, it's not all about dosh but investment in the squad.
    If Mo looks at our squad who else does he think has a better one ?

Man City probably do but depth wise does anyone else ?

PSG are a complete mess they have great players but they dont play as a team they get away with it in France but in CL they tend to bottle it or come up short.

Its ALL about money imo and im going to say if he dont sign by summer just get rid of him.

I cant be arsed with the circus of it all and it could ruin this/next season NOBODY is bigger than the club.

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post

PSG are a complete mess they have great players but they dont play as a team they get away with it in France but in CL they tend to bottle it or come up short.

Its ALL about money imo and im going to say if he dont sign by summer just get rid of him.

I cant be arsed with the circus of it all and it could ruin this/next season NOBODY is bigger than the club.
    +1 AND if he does want to stay, he needs to ditch that prick of an agent of his

He didn't help or make Mo, Mo came to the Prem and Chelsea and failed, he went to an easier league in Italy and worked hard to improve, teams weren't knocking his door down or queuing up to sign him from Roma, we had a profile, a lot of it raw attributes of the type of forward Jurgen wanted for his model and system and Mo fitted it, our signing him wasn't down to anything his agent did, he fitted our profile, Jurgen and Liverpool made Mo
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Theres no worry about Diaz mentality IE being kicked and late challenges. They make em pretty tough in South American football. Thats why Brazlians often do well in the PL.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post

Other opportunities:
    I can see PSG or Real having an allure. Cash, league titles and CL chance.

At psg Neymar isn't dependable but he covers ground. Lwf.
    Messi quality and a passenger, false nine.
    Salah in terms of workrate far more than Mbappe.
    Imo he'd better balance PSG. They made a final, winning one isn't beyond them. Its never easy.

Real, might get Mbop, he/Salah, vincinius and Benzema a good group/4. Strong in la liga, big club, nowhere near as overextended as Barca.

Two clubs where he's likely a league winner, chance of a CL and do$h.

Financial Reality:
    He can stay, run out his contract and claim a nice big signing on bonus.
    The club can't force him to move for a transfer.

If the club sold him this summer for say 100 million, I'll move on. Thanks and piss off.
    If he stays at the club and leaves on a free, thanks and fuck off.

However, he will get more dosh elsewhere and from our perspective, paying him 5mill a year extra in wages. A 100grand a week more than out current offer, over 4 years, 20 Mill say.
    Losing him on a free, nothing, loss of a transfer 100 mill.
    -------------------------------

The circus:
    Sure it pisses us off. Gini not signing an extension pissed me off.
    Salah going would be worth a lot more moaning than 19s whinging about Gini leaving throughout this season.

The agent is doing his job, and Salah produces goals & assists.
    We can say Jurgen is the best manager.
    We can say the system suits him.
    But top players are top players.

If he signs a contract extension in the next 2 months dyou want to sell him this summer, because of the circus?

If we could get a big fee, 150 Mill and Klopp reinvents it, I'm down with that as big a miss as he would be. We could get Mbappe on a free, or for a far more reasonable fee replace him with Dybala for Mos current wages. Around 200kpw.

But the market suggests big fees might not he coming, and its a case of losing him on a free. In which case that reality is far more grim.

We have ageing senior players we will need to recycle and rejuvenate the squad. If it was as easy as picking which ones to sell, I wouldn't be getting rid of Mo.