Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Midweek Games 8-11/02

Even if utd drop pts here spurs and arsenal will blow it with games in hand probably still end up behind them

I'm amazed by arsenal who they've let go and not got anyone in upfront, best chance they've had at top 4 in years.
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

Ragnacock at the wheel!!!

Great night in the pub here. All the bitters and Mancs have slipped away heads down quiet as mice.
    Ha!

Top 8 all in with a shout of top 4, don’t discount Wolves, second best defence in the league. If they can get a run together while Spurs, Arsenal and Utd drop points.., you never know.

Big shout out to Brendan, just the 14 points off the top 4, keep going la, could be your year yet!!

So much for changing managers for the Bitters.
    That new car smell lasted for only so long.

Welcome back , Frank!!!

Same old Bitters.
    Same old dross.
    'I got told there's an English phrase, 'You don't win trophies with kids'. I didn't know that' ... - Jurgen Klopp
    Stone-Cold Savage!

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Even if utd drop pts here spurs and arsenal will blow it with games in hand probably still end up behind them
    Perhaps, but Man United have only won 2 of their last 5 League games - West Ham have won 3 of theirs, Wolves (who really aren't far behind, with games in hand) have won 4 of theirs and drawn the other - tight defensively too.

Man United's issue will be time and their opponents - with 15 League games left now they still have time to recover their season, but it will begin to run out. This was meant to be an "easy" run of fixtures before the likes of the ties against Man City, Tottenham, Arsenal, Chelsea and ourselves that are all left - plus they have to juggle the Champion's League and the struggling sides - Lampard's Everton might have some fight in them, Norwich might have a new lease of life, Brendan may be fighting to keep his job.

They don't have the luxury of only competing against one side and thus being able to claw their way back - West Ham, Tottenham, Arsenal, Wolves - they're all sensing a chance to nick the last Champion's League spot, so every draw or loss is going to stack quickly.

It's a problem we can relate to - we spent much of a 6-year spell trying to get Champion's League football and for the most part we failed.

They have the resources to improve, but transfers aren't everything. There are no trophies handed out for buying individually talented players. They will have presumed that the acquisition of Sancho, Varane and Ronaldo in a single Summer will have ensured success and if they don't get back to winning ways quickly they're in for a serious reality check.

I wonder how situations will go with sponsors - Adidas were none-too-happy with us when we weren't doing too well - they could end up having to settle for reduced deals (relative to market value) for certain things at this rate.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

So glad Frank the arrogant fat twat lost his first league game. Every game Richarlison loses is fine by me.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Dynasty View Post
    So much for changing managers for the Bitters.
    That new car smell lasted for only so long
    They're another side that need points FAST - they have so many fixtures coming up (after Leeds and Southampton) where you wouldn't back them to win.

If Norwich can get their act together along with Newcastle, they'll be in a very scary spot. For now I still think that they stay up but it could go to the end if they don't get a win or get into a habit of drawing.

Quote Originally Posted by buck3y3nut View Post
    Ragnacock at the wheel!!!
    It must be embarrassing to not beat such dross. But I'm sure Burnley will dust themselves down and move on from this debacle...

Quote Originally Posted by justincredible View Post
    It must be embarrassing to not beat such dross. But I'm sure Burnley will dust themselves down and move on from this debacle...
    This joke never loses its appeal
    😀

Quote Originally Posted by Taksin View Post
    This joke never loses its appeal
    😀
    It was literally invented for SpewUtd I would bet, Lolzzzzz...