Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 172021222324252627

Thread: Match Thread: Burnley v Liverpool

There was another incident in the second half near their box, a ball comes over and Salah is blatantly pulled back twice. Nothing given.
    The pen was strange as they focused more on the aftermath tackle whereas it was the initial trip before that what the pen should have been given for.
    Atkinson though. You know what you're going to get........or should I say not going to get.

Absolutely nothing said on MOTD about the penalty just how brilliant the Burnley break was.

Not been a fan of MOTD for some years.

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Absolutely nothing said on MOTD about the penalty just how brilliant the Burnley break was.

Not been a fan of MOTD for some years.
    No but Salah is a dirty cheating foreignor Miller get with the programme !!

I like how MOTD shown TWO offside chances for Burnley as well they had ZERO chances second half.

Watching the extended highlights on Sky now and they are as bad. Showing a replay of an “excellent Burnley chance” from a free kick, totally ignoring no less than four Burnley players being offside when the kick was taken

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Watching the extended highlights on Sky now and they are as bad. Showing a replay of an “excellent Burnley chance” from a free kick, totally ignoring no less than four Burnley players being offside when the kick was taken
    It's been like that since Murdoch's media machine exalted the filthy to levels well above their ability and merit and made 'Anyone but Liverpool' an huge part of that - It's so inherent still in too many officials, commentators and pundits - The lack of credit for the incredible feat of overcoming that City squad constructed using over 500 million and by such a distance and that had Taylor correctly sent Kompany off in the head to head the prior season, it would have been 2 League titles on the bounce
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by jozza800 View Post
    It was a good 'performance' considering the weather and the opposition. It was a battle and we kept our heads. We're not going to blow teams away every week so it's important to grind out these results when we can.

The low point has to be Bobby. Unfortunately I think his time has come. He's never been prolific but he's not doing the other stuff either now.
    Thought it was a great result with largely below par performances from most of the side. Virgil, Keita & Salah the best after Alisson motm for me.

Didn't have a good structure to succeed.
    We have loads of quality just need to get our structure right.

Much needed 1 goal win

Quote Originally Posted by eggy81 View Post
    We’re absolute miles behind city.
    City are playing our system of 19-20 with the tweaks I wanted to it pretty much, my proposed evolution of the full backs, although only with Cancelo and the more fluid midfield 3, with LCM or RCM frequently becoming the attacking midfielder and sometimes their No6 - Their press and counter press is miles better than ours, they're the ones smothering sides not letting them play out reducing them to hitting mostly long hopeful balls their CBs comfortably gobble up and making opposition sides make forced and unforced errors in their own final third they are scoring from as we used to

Take it from someone with autism whose recognition of patterns of play, positioning and mechanics is next level, on that not Fab has improved considerable in his positioning in not charging in when he shouldn't and not getting ahead of the ball when he shouldn't, he doesn't ring the autism alarms that were making watching our games so painful for me after his reintroduction in 19-20 as he used to, none more painful than THAT Atletico first leg when all the patterns that worked so brilliantly in his absence immediately ceased to though, still a work in progress, needs to start directing his LCM to control more and where and who to press, and take better positions off the LCM and RCM positions, he's often too deep at times when our play breaks down now and not helping us pin sides in as City now do

I think City are much better, they're playing our system, with players who can all play it as it needs to be played, they do have players in defence who have far more potential errors in them than ours and Guardiola is a manager who can lose games by over thinking them and tinkering unnecessarily when the pressure is on, so I'm still hopeful we can maybe pip them

Watching them smother sides as we used to and get easy wins through forced and unforced errors from their opponents in their own final third as we used to really pains me incredibly, both their last 2 wins came that way
    Last edited by Nineteenx; 14th February 2022 at 01:09 AM.
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

It was a clear penalty on Salah, I didn't mention it on here during the game. because i knew it wouldnt be given. Pointless getting annoyed all the time at the officials.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Yep I mentioned it on page 4 and 5.

Clear contact, clear foul, clear pen yet nothing given despite VAR apparently checking.