Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: For F**k's Sake, Trent!!

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    They broke the rules of the game and the CAS overturned the ban handed to them.

The CAS likes to see cheaters become winners, as they don't believe cheating should be punished too harshly.

In drug doping cases the benefits of taking drugs persist longer than the ban. The cas ensures such drug takers aren't excluded from competing for honours. They like to think competitors who've cheated can win big.
    So what if an athlete is running faster in his 30s after taking drugs that have led to the production of these times.
    Any good teen athlete should be taking drugs to win after a short term ban.

In cities case they broke the rules around finances. The benefit of which will outlast any ban from competition, the ban from competition of course was overturned by Cas so cheaters can win honours.
    City effectively dodged a European ban which would have had an impact on their finances. To become compliant they likely would have had to sell players, which would have corrected somewhat their cheating.
    But the cas really like the idea of cheats winning major honours.

Uniteds spending power is down to their legacy of success.

City/Chelsea/Psg/Leipzig are generally despised within their own nations leagues as playthings of affluent folk more than they are real clubs.
    The rules were bs in the first place. Everyone who isn’t a united Liverpool or Arsenal fan accepts this.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Where is that documentary available Sid?
    I'll dig it out for you this evening between getting Home from work (outdoors, wet, try to keep my phone in pocket as much as possible) and before the match. Think there's a series of them on different clubs, on YouTube.

Don't mind at all if you remind me some time between 6pm and 7pm as my short-term memory isn't anything like as good as my long-term.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

Quote Originally Posted by eggy81 View Post
    The rules were bs in the first place. Everyone who isn’t a united Liverpool or Arsenal fan accepts this.
    Can't say I've found that to be the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    I'll dig it out for you this evening between getting Home from work (outdoors, wet, try to keep my phone in pocket as much as possible) and before the match. Think there's a series of them on different clubs, on YouTube.

Don't mind at all if you remind me some time between 6pm and 7pm as my short-term memory isn't anything like as good as my long-term.
    👍

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    Can't say I've found that to be the case.
    To me the rules were designed to preserve the status quo as much as possible for the established big clubs. I know there was an element of it also focused on stopping clubs over spending and going into administration and subsequently out of existence.

But at the very top I always felt they were anti competition.

Quote Originally Posted by eggy81 View Post
    To me the rules were designed to preserve the status quo as much as possible for the established big clubs. I know there was an element of it also focused on stopping clubs over spending and going into administration and subsequently out of existence.

But at the very top I always felt they were anti competition.
    Anti-competition perhaps in one perspective is fair. But overall it is laughable in the context of the reality of football and balance.

It was also intended to preserve competition. Limiting the operations of a club to their income.

Without ffp the only limit on spending was the owners pockets.
    By curbing their spending inflation would be lower.
    More investment ready owners are still able to invest its just a restriction on the amount and the pace.

LFC a big club historically and presently in Europe, yet got more shit for the ESL than city got for cheating.
    When the esl was in part down to the cheating of the plastics impact on football.

Lfc and other top clubs across Europe were for it. It would have solved issues for them as they deal with the reality of artifical inflation injected at the top of club football.

It just seems a little odd that people see FFP as restricting competition, although it's clearly a restriction.
    But many of those same people saw and cheered the ESL being squashed by the political power of uefa.
    Clearly restrictive too but hardly a concern for people who see ffp as restrictive.

Even the pl and its division of revenue restricts the big clubs like LFC and Manu. People in the UK analysing the PL seem to be very in favour of the model that restricts clubs from earning their fair share of income.
    Lfc and Manu are the two biggest games for most clubs in the league on account of the numbers of viewers they draw.
    Same in Europe with many clubs.

Overall it seems restricting the free market is only ever an issue, in one direction.

If you want unrestricted competition, you'd scrap the pl revenue distribution model. Teams would generate their own income from subscriptions to their own games.
    Lfc play Bournemouth, if you want Bournemouth enough to get money you subscribe through them, if you want lfc to get money you let them take their share.
    Top clubs would be able to form their own competitions and cream in the cash from their value, from their fanbases.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Dynasty View Post
    Imagine turning a thread talking about Trent (and a most recent rbainfart of his), into an(other) opportunity to give stick to Fabby, and have a pop at him for some game that was eons ago.
    (incidentally, the game-winner scorer and a MOTM candidate for our most recent game, and one of the best if not consistent performers in our most recent matches played).

That's some amazing super-power you have there, Nineteen.
    That's just the neurotypical way of looking at things
    "...and my inch is like a freight train, so I only use it in self defence"

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Dynasty View Post
    .....just.....shut the fuck up, and maybe concentrate on improving your own play which hasn't been anything to write home about recently apart from some decent crosses and assists here and there peppered in between generall all-around terrible play.
    Especially in the defensive end.
    Bump, just for Taksin to discuss
    Last edited by Nineteenx; 7th April 2022 at 07:43 PM.
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Bump, just for Taskin to discuss
    Dear 19x, surely you mean Taksin. I hate name typos as much as you hate mispronunciation. Inexcusable if you read before posting.

Quote Originally Posted by scientificred View Post
    Dear 19x, surely you mean Taksin. I hate name typos as much as you hate mispronunciation. Inexcusable if you read before posting.
    Apologies, I have no excuse
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”