Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Your team v Chelsea (League Cup Final)

Your team v Chelsea (League Cup Final)

A Cup Final! Silverware is one of the most wonderful things about Football - let's get this done and get a 9th League Cup.

If fit and available, something like -

........................Kelleher

Trent......Konate.....Van Dijk....Robertson

.......................Fabinho

...........Henderson...........Keita

.......Salah.........Mane.........Diaz

Preserving Matip for the League, Thiago to come on if needed.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

Hi when you have time could you do a remaining league fixture thread Between us and City? Forget Chelsea they finished
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    Hi when you have time could you do a remaining league fixture thread Between us and City? Forget Chelsea they finished
    Sure! Will knock one up in about 20-25 minutes, certainly. Going to catch the end of the Atletico game, redistribute seed I bought into the appropriate bins to protect against rodents, then I'm free.

Kelleher

Trent Konate Van Dijk Robertson

Henderson Fabinho Thiago

Salah Mane Diaz

I thoroughly expect our lads to administer a hard, deep, penetrating bumming, get the win and put our first trophy of the season in the cabinet
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Kelleher

Trent Konate Van Dijk Robertson

Henderson Fabinho Thiago

Salah Mane Diaz

I thoroughly expect our lads to administer a hard, deep, penetrating bumming, get the win and put our first trophy of the season in the cabinet
    Think that's what we'll see from Klopp.
    Perhaps Matip starting the final the only one I'd see Klopp going for.

My team:

Alisson
    Trent Matip Virgil Robbo
    Hendo Fabinho
    Keita Mane Diaz
    Salah

If Jota's fit to play - Jota in for Keita
    ..........Jota
    Diaz Mane Salah

Need a better start than tonight and, once the dust settles go for the jugular

@BassTunedToRed
    ·
    20h
    Interesting from the Guardian: "Chelsea have had 20 shots on target and scored six goals in the Premier League this calendar year; Liverpool have had 19 shots on target and scored nine goals this week."

We'll smash them!

The last time we played a League Cup Final, in 15/16, against Man City, our side looked something like this -

....................Mignolet

Clyne......Leiva.....Sakho....Moreno

Milner.....Henderson....Can......Coutinho

......................Firmino

.....................Sturridge

Subs - Toure, Benteke, Lallana, Allen, Origi, Bogdan, Flanagan

Toure had to come on for Sakho 25 minutes in. Only Henderson, Firmino and Origi are left.

Before that, we contested a League Cup Final, in 11/12, against Cardiff, we looked something like this -

...........................Reina

Johnson........Skrtel........Agger......Enrique

Henderson....Gerrard.......Adam......Downing

.........................Suarez

.........................Carroll

Subs - Doni, Carragher, Kelly, Rodriguez, Spearing, Kuyt, Bellamy

When you look at the age profile, stage-of-career and quality of what we put out today and the relative strength of depth on the bench, it will be a night-and-day difference to the last two.

You also really see the changes as the 15/16 side is one that Klopp inherited from Rodgers, while the 11/12 side represents the end of Sir Kenny's brief stint, prior to Brendan's time with the club. The League Cup win saw us get Europa League football, though we were unable to do much with it - Zenit knocking us out thanks to the away goals rule, 3-3 over the two legs. Carragher made a crucial error early in the game that meant we needed a 4-1 win and we only managed a 3-1, including two free kicks from the relentless talent that was Luis Suarez. Almost a famous Anfield fightback, but not quite.

Now, in 21/22, we're in the Final once more, with an excellent squad, still in the FA Cup, in with a shot at a League title and likely to be in the last 8 of the Champion's League, rather than facing defeat in the last-32 of the Europa League. A healthy reminder of how far we've come. Try to enjoy the day fellow Reds.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

To be honest Sid, both of those sides don't look that bad.

Quote Originally Posted by jozza800 View Post
    To be honest Sid, both of those sides don't look that bad.
    Only Suarez and Stevie of the players not here anymore in both squads, would get into our starting 11.
    We've world class players all over the pitch, even on the bench. Them 2 squads had very good players but nothing like ehat we have today.