Page 1 of 37 1234567811 ... LastLast

Thread: 12 games to go - Man City and Liverpool

12 games to go - Man City and Liverpool

Not sure if you wanted Champion's League dates included or not justme, but here we are (can edit the format in later posts if required) -

Liverpool

- West Ham (5 Mar) - Home
    - Brighton (12 Mar) - Away
    - Arsenal (16 Mar) - Away
    - Man Utd (20 Mar) - Home
    - Watford (2 Apr) - Home
    - Man City (10 Apr) - Away
    - A Villa (16 Apr) - Away
    - Everton (23 Apr) - Home
    - Newcastle (30 Apr) - Away
    - Tottenham (7 May) - Home
    - Southampton (15 May) - Away
    - Wolves (22 May) - Home

6 Home, 6 Away.

Manchester City

- Everton (26 Feb) - Away
    - Man Utd (6 Mar) - Home
    - C Palace (14 Mar) - Away
    - Brighton (19 Mar) - Home
    - Burnley (2 Apr) - Away
    - Liverpool (10 Apr) - Home
    - Wolves (16 Apr) - Away
    - Watford (23 Apr) - Home
    - Leeds Utd (30 Apr) - Away
    - Newcastle (7 May) - Home
    - West Ham (15 May) - Away
    - A Villa (22 May) - Home

6 Home, 6 Away.

Important date - besides the obvious, the fixtures on April 2nd could be big psychologically - Liverpool will be playing at 12.30 at Anfield against Watford, whereas Man City will be playing at 15:00 and away to Burnley. As much as you'd expect Man City to win, it will represent the first opportunity of us playing before them that I can see - subject to correction. So if we win there, we're temporarily level - possibly going ahead on goal difference - so in the event, unlikely as it may seem, that we finish that week ahead of them on goal difference due to them losing to Burnley, we could actually go into the clash against them knowing a draw keeps us ahead - not that you would ever entertain the idea of playing for one, nor indeed the likeliness of this set of circumstances being particularly high.

Champion's League dates

Quarterfinals - April 5-6, April 12-13.
    Semifinals - April 26-27, May 3-4.
    Final - May 28, 2022 (Saint Petersburg, Russia)

There is a possibility that Liverpool and Man City face each other in the quarter-finals in Europe. If that were to pan out, then we could see three clashes between the two sides in a row - a two-legged Champion's League quarter-final with a potential title-decider slapped in the middle of it. Whether that's the peak of your footballing daydreams or the depths of your footballing nightmares depends on your confidence I suppose - and our ability to manage injuries/fitness/energy - personally I don't want it! Much rather we get an "easier" tie and that Man City have to face an elite side, but the reverse somehow feels more likely - doesn't it!

All to play for then!
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

First of Foremost, We just need to care our own game, to get all the 12 wins remaining then we will be the champion once again under Klopp.

Currently Top 3 top scorers and Top 2 top assists are belong to LFC players, we have huge advantages on the goals difference for sure.

Just play at our best and wish all the players remain healthy. YNWA.

I still believe Man City is lacking of striker now which could cost them, out of many occasion they couldn't score a crucial goal.

Quote Originally Posted by Joetan991 View Post
    First of Foremost, We just need to care our own game, to get all the 12 wins remaining then we will be the champion once again under Klopp.
    It's all we can do really isn't it.

- One game at a time.
    - Aim to win every League game.
    - Aim to stay ahead on Goal Difference.

I'm hoping they have another loss in them (not just to us) but they have only lost 3 League games and it's the business end - would expect them to find a gear. Also think they have the easier fixture list to be fair, but if we handle our business appropriately then that doesn't matter.

thanks
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Pretty simple I think. If we're not ahead of City after we've played them then City will win the league.
    Something, Something, Something, Dark Side

Really don't like these types of threads as they have been bad omens in the past.
    Tut-fuckity-tuts noted....

It's all to play for and hopefully we are at full-strength for the foreseeable future.

We play each other.
    We play 8 of the same opponents over the run
    We play 3 unique teams- on paper their 3 are easier

But for the first time I sense they are really afraid. Worried about us in the league and Pep probably concerned of meeting us in the CL.
    A large part of that is down to the addition of Diaz in January to an already strong compliment. Diaz brings many qualities from his limited game time, that fit us and should scare opponents like Pep.
    An aggressive, pacey, tricky and hard pressing machine. Added on to a relative full compliment of returned players.

In the league they have faltered and analysing their wins, their wins are more vulnerable statistically.
    40% 1 goal wins the mark of champions for them.
    17.6% 1 goal wins for us - we have won games more emphatically.
    For me that's further cause for optimism that more of their wins are vulnerable to disappointments.

Whilst we are 3 points behind, I think we are favourites on form. 51% v 49%.

Looking to win games I think you can't look beyond a primary first 11-12 players.

Back 4 & Ali
    2 of Hendo/Fab/Thiago
    Front 4

For me that's our clearest way to succeed over the coming months.

Playing the top teams - Klopp will probably stick with 433 and drop out one of Mane/Diaz/Jota

But for me that's the wrong way to go. Versus the bigger teams I'd go

...........Alisson
    Trent Matip VVD Robbo
    ........Hendo Fabinho
    .....Salah Mane Diaz
    ............Jota

In no particular order: Konate, Tsimi, Milner, Thiago, Keita and Bobby the ones most likely to feature thereafter.

The rest are looking at fa Cup games and more rotational/rest appearances.

The league Cup is on Sunday - Chelsea offer a challenge in a big game.

They've been a tricky side for us under Twoshoes and our performances haven't been great.

I'm looking for a first trophy of the season and a performance that rights a few wrongs as I see it.

Vital to start strong and once it settles to cut them apart.

We currently have the three top premier league goalscorers

1) Salah
    2) Jota
    3) Mané

We also have the best defensive record in 2022 (4 goals conceded in the league and 6 in all competitions) - while also being one of only 2 unbeaten teams in the calender year in all the English leagues (Huddersfield being the other)

City who have the best defensive record overall for the entire season so far have conceded 5 for this calender year (2022) since the new year in the league, and 7 in all competitions.
    'I got told there's an English phrase, 'You don't win trophies with kids'. I didn't know that' ... - Jurgen Klopp
    Stone-Cold Savage!

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    Really don't like these types of threads as they have been bad omens in the past.
    Tut-fuckity-tuts noted....
    - It was requested! This is me washing my hands of blame in the same basin as Pontius Pilate.

- justme, who requested it, can say "FFS Parry" if things go awry which gives him cover.

- someone else can blame FSG, someone else can blame the lack of prompt replacement of Lovren, someone else can blame Thiago's injury record, someone else can blame Murdoch-influenced corruption and Nineteenx can definitely blame Fabinho.

- if we had kept Wijnaldum we'd have won the Quad no question, for realsiez

- The "demise of Man United" thread was allegedly a jinx and they had to get shot of Ole, we've beaten them 5-0 at Old Trafford this season, Ronaldo doesn't score that much and they have the "Godfather of pressing" in getting them to play Ole's counter-attacking guff.

Everything is fine
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay