Page 10 of 37 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161720 ... LastLast

Thread: 12 games to go - Man City and Liverpool

Just put all our focus into each next game, administering the bumming, getting the win and another absolutely vital 3 points and we'll be just fine
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Yes exactly Nineteen. The bumming has to be the constant force. Never let it slip out.... of our thoughts.

I know points on the Board are always seen as the main metric of measuring how good a side is in a League campaign, but I think it's a curious thing to see our clean sheet record.

The year we won the League we got 15 clean sheets from 38 games.

We're on 17 clean sheets in the League (so far) from 29 games - that's incredibly impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    I know points on the Board are always seen as the main metric of measuring how good a side is in a League campaign, but I think it's a curious thing to see our clean sheet record.

The year we won the League we got 15 clean sheets from 38 games.

We're on 17 clean sheets in the League (so far) from 29 games - that's incredibly impressive.
    Think it shows a good mentality. How many times over the years did we groan as manure ground out another one nil? They had good players but also that Fergie mentality. We can't always crush teams to dust. To be fair we often do! But when we don't we need to win anyway.

The year we won it we ground out quite a few results as I recall.

I really feel getting Diaz in jan, city losing dias to injury, will make us win it.... i've got me hopes up.

Also city's failure to bring a top striker in, or to replace Torres doesn't help them, idiots.

Pep better than Klopp some people say.. you having a laugh?
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    I really feel getting Diaz in jan, city losing dias to injury, will make us win it.... i've got me hopes up.

Also city's failure to bring a top striker in, or to replace Torres doesn't help them, idiots.

Pep better than Klopp some people say.. you having a laugh?
    Pep isn't better than Klopp.

Pep couldn't do what Klopp did with us or what he did with Dortmund.

Pep is a great coach but he needs to have funds. All of his teams have been well funded.

But Klopp also goes beyond just footballing matters. The amount of other teams supporters that rate him is incredible. It's like Jose was on his 1st season but without the arrogance and hysterics. Klopp has won over football fans. Pep can't do that.

I keep reading on TAW. Enjoy these times. And we should whether we win the league or not. This is incredible stuff both on and off the pitch. There are stories everywhere across this team - Keheller, Trent, Matip, Robbo, Hendo, Milner, Salah, Mane, Divock - the journey of these players to be here is incredible.
    "...and my inch is like a freight train, so I only use it in self defence"

Can someone remind me what the 13cm was that Klopp mentioned 'in the City game' that meant we finished a point behind them to not win the league? I can't remember. Was it an offside decision?

Yeah was the Mane chance it was really close to going over the goal line. and then Sane scored later to win the game.. the ball hit both posts and went in.
    Last edited by justme; 17th March 2022 at 01:44 PM.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Was similar Andy Carrolls header in the fa-cup final to this day i say the ball was over the line. But back then.. was no goal line technology.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    Yeah was the Mane chance it was really close to going over the goal line. and then Sane scored later to win the game.. the ball hit both posts and went in.
    thanks.. I remember Sane's goal but not the Mane chance