Page 11 of 37 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171821 ... LastLast

Thread: 12 games to go - Man City and Liverpool

Quote Originally Posted by Taksin View Post
    Can someone remind me what the 13cm was that Klopp mentioned 'in the City game' that meant we finished a point behind them to not win the league? I can't remember. Was it an offside decision?
    It was 13mm not cm and the 13mm was the amount of the ball that hadn't crossed the line when Stones cleared off the line, I thought it was Mo's effort he cleared, I might be wrong though

Given the officiating this season I would have mentioned that was the game Kompany should have been sent off for an out of control, both feet off the ground two footed lunge on Salah, which is very clearly defined as a straight red card offence in those terms in the rules, it wasn't a tackle Anthony Taylor was at liberty to apply his own interpretation, opinion or bias to
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

thanks.. I remember Sane's goal but not the Mane chance
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ft3pbu9XR6o&ab_channel=ElliottMeeks

I still think this is a goal
    "...and my inch is like a freight train, so I only use it in self defence"

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    It was 13mm not cm and the 13mm was the amount of the ball that hadn't crossed the line when Stones cleared off the line, I thought it was Mo's effort he cleared, I might be wrong though

Given the officiating this season I would have mentioned that was the game Kompany should have been sent off for an out of control, both feet off the ground two footed lunge on Salah, which is very clearly defined as a straight red card offence in those terms in the rules, it wasn't a tackle Anthony Taylor was at liberty to apply his own interpretation, opinion or bias to
    Shouldn't Kompany have been sent off in one of their final games against someone like Palace and then he scored that thunderbolt to win 1-0?

I remember that clearance now but thought it was Walker

Quote Originally Posted by vin View Post
    oh right, that's not the one I was thinking of

Shouldn't Kompany have been sent off in one of their final games against someone like Palace and then he scored that thunderbolt to win 1-0?

It was in our game. And it deffo should have been a red card.
    Something, Something, Something, Dark Side

It was a nailed on letter of the law red card for his early foul on Mo in our game - A lunge, both feet off the ground, out of control and he caught Mo's ankle - No excuses that's a red
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by jozza800 View Post
    It was in our game. And it deffo should have been a red card.
    and then he scored in the next game when he should have been banned?

Quote Originally Posted by vin View Post
    Yeah i think the image of the ball is taken a split second earlier. its not fully crossed the line there.. what about Sterlings offside years ago?..When we were going for the league under Rodgers.. it was 2 yards onside but was called offside, that was f-ing ridiculous
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Not exactly 2 yards. but never in a million years offside.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    Yeah i think the image of the ball is taken a split second earlier. its not fully crossed the line there.. what about Sterlings offside years ago?..When we were going for the league under Rodgers.. it was 2 yards onside but was called offside, that was f-ing ridiculous
    It's a goal
    "...and my inch is like a freight train, so I only use it in self defence"