Page 13 of 37 FirstFirst ... 36789101112131415161718192023 ... LastLast

Thread: 12 games to go - Man City and Liverpool

All set up very tantalisingly now, you do feel Atletico could potentially impact things to our benefit, with Walker and Dias missing for City in their Champions League quarter final first leg, winning that or going for it and trying to win it is probably Atletico's best chance of getting through, Jaoa Felix will get more joy looking to be released beyond City's CBs and in behind or in one v one's with Stones - If City lose that first leg, it could really upset their shit and send Guardiola into full blown overthinking, hard done by, every one hates us mentalism
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    All set up very tantalisingly now, you do feel Atletico could potentially impact things to our benefit, with Walker and Dias missing for City in their Champions League quarter final first leg, winning that or going for it and trying to win it is probably Atletico's best chance of getting through, Jaoa Felix will get more joy looking to be released beyond City's CBs and in behind or in one v one's with Stones - If City lose that first leg, it could really upset their shit and send Guardiola into full blown overthinking, hard done by, every one hates us mentalism
    Agree. Two games I'd absolutely love to see Simeone go full on shithouse. Dirty tactics all the way.

I read a stat earlier this week. Apparently since 2018 they have amassed 335 points and we have amassed 334.
    That is absolutely insane if true, once in a generation football that.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Agree. Two games I'd absolutely love to see Simeone go full on shithouse. Dirty tactics all the way.
    The cup semi final, could also have an influence, I might be wrong, but bizarrely and true to stitch up TV scheduling we seem to constantly be on the wrong end of, I think our Villa game was schedule for a Sunday and we were then due to play the filthy on the Tuesday, now we have the FA Cup semi, Chelsea also have theirs, Chelsea's next game after it is scheduled for the Wednesday as is City's, so we should absolutely insist on playing our Semi on the Saturday - So that could also help us out, any small gain we can make will help us out

I read a stat earlier this week. Apparently since 2018 they have amassed 335 points and we have amassed 334.
    That is insane, even more insane if we were to do a VAR check and pre VAR check on decisions in that period, for me we've been robbed of 4 points this season, City have been gifted 4 points - I think commentators and pundits are completely missing the point on this, probably because teams weren't amassing such incredible points tallies before, they really have to insist on holding the refs association and VAR to account as even one very wrong and unquestionably flawed decision could decide the title in such close races where errors or failings of either side are very rare

Anyone here just a bit superstitious ?? Been thinking about the game awhile back when Stevie had that slip v chelsea, big contribution to us not coming first, really did feel for him and still do, but he is in charge of Villa now and I can't get away from thinking are Villa going to be the team to take some points of us in the run in, "common factor" ??????
    Three cups on the line, nerves getting shredded.

I don't see our lads getting nervous or feeling under pressure from being involved in so many competitions so deep into the season, I see our lads absolutely relishing it, treating it as an incredible challenge and something to be embraced and enjoyed, I think they'll be absolutely loving it, as they should be

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    I don't see our lads getting nervous or feeling under pressure from being involved in so many competitions so deep into the season, I see our lads absolutely relishing it, treating it as an incredible challenge and something to be embraced and enjoyed, I think they'll be absolutely loving it, as they should be
    Agree. They've done the whole nerves thing and got past it. Seasoned now.

"In the Champion's League always I overthink. New tactics, tomorrow you will see a new one. I over think a lot, that's why I have very good results in the Champion's League. Would be boring if I always played the same way. If people think I play the same against Atletico and Liverpool, I don't like. The movements are different, the players are all different with different personalities. That's why I overthink and create stupid tactics. Tonight I take an inspiration and I'm going to do incredible tactics tomorrow. We play with 12 tomorrow."

This would be THE best week for that Human Rights hypocrite to drop his entire bag of marbles.

Please. Please. Please.

Reinforces how good a side we are. We'd have pissed the league 3 or 4 times in any other generation.
    Something, Something, Something, Dark Side