Page 14 of 37 FirstFirst ... 478910111213141516171819202124 ... LastLast

Thread: 12 games to go - Man City and Liverpool

Quote Originally Posted by jozza800 View Post
    Reinforces how good a side we are. We'd have pissed the league 3 or 4 times in any other generation.
    And how good man city have been too
    Another stat from last Friday
    Virgil has never been on the losing side in 60 home PL games. Now 61!

Quote Originally Posted by scientificred View Post
    And how good man city have been too
    City are in danger of becoming the Max Verstappen of the Premier League

They got handed the 18-19 title through officiating errors and failures to correctly apply the laws of the game

They have a six point swing courtesy of indisputably incorrect officiating and failures to correctly apply the laws of the game in this season's title race
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    City are in danger of becoming the Max Verstappen of the Premier League

They got handed the 18-19 title through officiating errors and failures to correctly apply the laws of the game

They have a six point swing courtesy of indisputably incorrect officiating and failures to correctly apply the laws of the game in this season's title race
    Its not a matter failing to correctly apply the laws.. The incident at Everton was clear and obvious cheating..
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

A lot of teams should do better v City, you have to stop them playing their triangles between their 2 CBs and Rodri for a start, you need pace in behind and a player loitering around their 2 Cbs ready to press them quickly and make runs in behind to be released

A lot of teams drop off, put loads of players behind the ball, let City have lots of easy possession just knocking the ball around between their 2 CBs and Rodri and letting the latter get on the ball and bring it forward at his leisure and let him get on the ball easy in advanced areas too

When City play that triangle, that sometimes becomes 2 triangles including Cancelo left or right of Rodri, all their other players keep moving and making new runs while teams let them knock it about between that 3 or 4 and one of those runs is often eventually released for them to get a breakthrough

You HAVE to have pace in behind and unsettle that 3 and those triangles and keep at them as it's where they derive their rhythm and sense of poise and control from.

A bit of what I call blind pressing is also a good tactic, the way I use that term, how I used to do it myself, is to be blocking lines and being by a player so they can't receive the ball, but otherwise appear not at all interested in pressing the player behind them, to then suddenly press them rapidly, as soon as the a ball that's even remotely loose or a little too slow is played into them, let them get used to think they can take their time and play at their leisure, then spring the trap
    Last edited by Nineteenx; 4th April 2022 at 08:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by scientificred View Post
    Another stat from last Friday
    Virgil has never been on the losing side in 60 home PL games. Now 61!
    Am I right in saying that we have won all matches that Thiago has started?

So just send out Van Dijk and Thiago against Man City and it takes care of itself!
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Am I right in saying that we have won all matches that Thiago has started?

So just send out Van Dijk and Thiago against Man City and it takes care of itself!
    No, we have won all the games he has started with Hendo, but Fab and Thiago started the 1-0 defeat to Inter

Wheras Hendo has played in all 3 defeats and 6 (edit 5) draws.

Apart from the 16 minutes v Chelsea and the Inter second leg, we have won every single game Thiago has featured in.

It’s a sublime record when paired with what he did last season - his first with the club - with no fans and with no Captain and no first choice CB’s to help us to an unlikely 3rd place finish.
    Last edited by Steveo; 4th April 2022 at 09:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post

Apart from the 16 minutes v Chelsea and the Inter second leg, we have won every single game Thiago has featured in.

It’s a sublime record when paired with what he did last season - his first with the club - with no fans and with no Captain and no first choice CB’s to help us to an unlikely 3rd place finish.
    Good to hear your input again Steveo!

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post

Whereas the stats paint a very different picture as to the effectiveness, or rather the lack of it in his passing - ZERO assists, only 3 big chances created in 24 games, like the game v Watford, played 4 absolutely world class passes, but created nothing, not even releasing a player in a promising position to create, which is far too common the story of Thiago's performances.

https://www.premierleague.com/players/5264/Thiago/stats?co=1&se=363

And according to this Thiago featured in the loss v West Ham Steveo

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=Liverpool+v+West+Ham+&ei=hlFLYoGLJsrGgQbD 0KnoCw&ved=0ahUKEwiB5vGlnPv2AhVKY8AKHUNoCr0Q4dUDCA 4&uact=5&oq=Liverpool+v+West+Ham+&gs_lcp=Cgdnd3Mtd 2l6EAMyBQgAEIAEMgUILhCABDIFCAAQgAQyBQgAEIAEMgUIABC ABDIFCC4QgAQyBQgAEIAEMgUIABCABDIFCAAQgAQyBQgAEIAEO hEIABDqAhC0AhCKAxC3AxDlAjoECAAQQzoKCC4QsQMQgwEQQzo FCAAQkQI6BwguELEDEEM6BAguEEM6CggAELEDEIMBEEM6CAguE IAEELEDOggILhCxAxCDAToLCAAQgAQQsQMQgwE6CAgAEIAEELE DOggIABCxAxCDAToECAAQA0oECEEYAEoECEYYAFD4CVj5N2D2P 2gBcAB4AIABowGIAcESkgEENy4xNJgBAKABAbABCsABAQ&scli ent=gws-wiz#sie=m;/g/11nnqtks0z;2;/m/02_tc;ln;fp;1;;

Common denominator in 2 or the 3 defeats, Fab at No6, opposition picking everyone else up letting Fab have the ball, which people here continue to deny is a tactic sides use, despite it having been used against us very successfully in making life really fucking hard work by several sides, including in all 3 defeats, plus Oxlade starting in midfield in 2 of them and Jones in the other, which is always a disaster

Interestingly, our record with Hendo at No6 is better, we win more, score more and concede less

Thiago has been fantastic and you don’t like it.

Come on dude, that’s just sad. Appreciate the Alcantara