Page 15 of 37 FirstFirst ... 5891011121314151617181920212225 ... LastLast

Thread: 12 games to go - Man City and Liverpool

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Thiago has been fantastic and you don’t like it.

Come on dude, that’s just sad. Appreciate the Alcantara
    Fantastic as slowing our play and tempo down when we need it to be a lot quicker, in creating more chances for the opposition than our own team with his ill judged backward passes, fantastic at playing nothing 5-10 yard balls, often backwards and creating absolutely nothing while 'looking very good'
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Oh well, we shall just have to hope Klopp can share your vision.

Seriously. I can see why some have concerns, he has a Rick in him, like all players who try to be that creative but the damage he does to opposition far outweighs that usually.

Genuine question Steveo, most of us here were of the opinion that Thiago was bought to be a huge improvement on our creative ability in midfield - Has he delivered on that? Yes or No

He was also bought to be a metronome, to quickly keep moving the balls into different areas, including mixing it up and being direct when it's on (while being creative at the same time) and to control the tempo of games INCLUDING when we need the tempo to be fast, not just at slowing things down which he has been incredibly successful at - Has he delivered on that? yes or No

Rhetorical question of course, the answer to both is no, our best midfield for most games is

Thiago Hendo Keita

However as Jurgen will insist on playing Fab in games we need our No6 to have a lot more quality with the ball and in their reading of the game to be able press much higher in unison with the rest of the team without them being a liability - Our best midfield in that case is Hendo and Fab and one of Keita or Thiago

Personally I'd say Fantastic is a stretch. Hes been good in a few games but overall not what was expected.
    Doubt he'll be missed that much if he goes.

Seriously. I can see why some have concerns, he has a Rick in him, like all players who try to be that creative but the damage he does to opposition far outweighs that usually.
    What is a Rick? Sorry but don't recognise that term.

Mistake

Nothing to do with whole bumming discussion from the weekend…

He takes unnecessary risks through his nonchalance at times.
    He does put some awesome passes in but too few to mention. One assist is nowhere near whats required.

Steveo, he has 2 (TWO) assists and 2 (TWO) goals in 42 appearances - Of which he has W28 D6 L8 (eight)

He rarely ever releases any of the forwards or either full back in isolation and time and space to even try and assist let alone that being the pass before the assist and he hasn't produced a single one of his passes through crowded areas that take 4 or 5 opposition players out of the game he is famed for since he arrived

You continue to talk about Thiago at Bayern, you're certainly not talking about Thiago at Liverpool

He does make mistakes. It is normal with this type of player. But he makes it so much easier for us to score goals

Our best midfielder and first name on the sheet when fit, Fabinho coming in second