Page 16 of 37 FirstFirst ... 69101112131415161718192021222326 ... LastLast

Thread: 12 games to go - Man City and Liverpool

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Nothing to do with whole bumming discussion from the weekend…
    Not up the filthy ricker then?
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    He does make mistakes. It is normal with this type of player. But he makes it so much easier for us to score goals
    WHEN fucking WHEN Steveo for fucks sake, he has barely been involved in or made a meaningful contribution to ANY of our play that has led to us scoring, stop making things up mate, he's created more golden chances for the opposition, through passing the ball backwards

Klopp obviously agrees with me, sorry.

Best take it up with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    WHEN fucking WHEN Steveo for fucks sake, he has barely been involved in or made a meaningful contribution to ANY of our play that has led to us scoring, stop making things up mate, he's created more golden chances for the opposition, through passing the ball backwards
    Like all stats they do not reveal the truth. I like watching Origins goal v everton which was started by Alison Crazy goal but Jürgen rushed to Alison. Should he get credit? How could stats ever account for that careful pass that set off such a sequence of events. Methinks yes. Without that then something else would of happened and probably no goal.

we lose next weekend.. I think thats pretty much it. cant see them dropping enough points in the remaining 7 fixtures
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by scientificred View Post
    Like all stats they do not reveal the truth. I like watching Origins goal v everton which was started by Alison Crazy goal but Jürgen rushed to Alison. Should he get credit? How could stats ever account for that careful pass that set off such a sequence of events. Methinks yes. Without that then something else would of happened and probably no goal.
    Pass before the assist, when it is clear it releases a player in a position when it should be easier to put it on a plate than fuck it up should be included in the stats, it is massively overlooked, that wouldn't help Thiago though, he has rarely managed that either, unlike Captain fantastic

Hendo's a bit like Ronseal, decent, reliable technique, doesn't look sexy, but gets the job done far more effectively than Fancy Dan Thiago WITH and WITHOUT the ball. 5 assists in the Premier League alone this season, 2 of them being absolutely world class, the one for Diaz v Norwich and the absolute master class of expert pressing and counter pressing to win the ball followed by the razor sharp vision and quickly playing it forward early when it's on (something Thiago could do with learning) for Mo's goal v the filthy

If you include passes before the assist and manipulating the space to make the space for Trent to arrive in to go back to Trent for him to assist, Hendo's been directly involved in well over half our goals this season

Im hoping that

Hendo Fabinho Thiago

Start the game against City and that Thiago actually brings the things we bought him for he has yet to produce and shines in an absolutely stunning blitz of City

That is our strongest trio.

On Thiago, after the Watford win yet again the managers praise was pretty bold.

Jurgen Klopp was left saying ‘thank God’ for Thiago Alcantara as the Liverpool boss praised the ‘sensational’ midfielder after making it ten Premier League wins in a row.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    That is our strongest trio.

On Thiago, after the Watford win yet again the managers praise was pretty bold.

Jurgen Klopp was left saying ‘thank God’ for Thiago Alcantara as the Liverpool boss praised the ‘sensational’ midfielder after making it ten Premier League wins in a row.
    He recently hailed Gomez as a world class CB, comments like that to try and boost players mean nothing Steveo, he really didn't contribute to our winning that game, he slowed it down too much, went backwards too much, nearly gifting them an equaliser I might add and although he did produce 4 wonderful sexy looking passes, they were only effective in finding their target, not in releasing a player to meaningfully contribute to or create an attacking situation

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Pass before the assist, when it is clear it releases a player in a position when it should be easier to put it on a plate than fuck it up should be included in the stats, it is massively overlooked, that wouldn't help Thiago though, he has rarely managed that either, unlike Captain fantastic

Hendo's a bit like Ronseal, decent, reliable technique, doesn't look sexy, but gets the job done far more effectively than Fancy Dan Thiago WITH and WITHOUT the ball. 5 assists in the Premier League alone this season, 2 of them being absolutely world class, the one for Diaz v Norwich and the absolute master class of expert pressing and counter pressing to win the ball followed by the razor sharp vision and quickly playing it forward early when it's on (something Thiago could do with learning) for Mo's goal v the filthy

If you include passes before the assist and manipulating the space to make the space for Trent to arrive in to go back to Trent for him to assist, Hendo's been directly involved in well over half our goals this season
    Would you credit Alison with an assist for that Origi goal. He was on the halfway line in last minute he did not lump it but was very measured. Many things happened after but his decision proved crucial. Jürgen recognised that. Many things lead to a goal. Stats cannot reveal the truth